Grossing Technician II
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Grossing Technician II - White Plains, NY - Monday to FridayThis
positionis a grossing position for an individual with limited
experience grossing surgical specimens. The individual will perform
surgical gross examinations of small, uncomplicated specimens, as
well as some more complicated specimens when approved by technical
supervisor. The level of supervision for each specimen type will be
determined by the technical supervisor and/or laboratory
director.Benefits Information:We are proud to offer best-in-class
benefits and programs to support employees and their families in
living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been
designed to promote employee health in all respects - physical,
financial, and developmental. Depending on whether it is a
part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may
Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
employees who work 30+ hours15 PTO days first yearPaid
HolidaysAnnual Bonus Opportunity401(k) with
matchingcontributionsVariable compensation plan (AIP) bonusEmployee
Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)Employee Assistance Program
(EAP)Blueprint for WellnessTuition Reimbursement for undergraduate
and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+
hoursOpportunities for career advancementTraining provided!
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the
- of surgical specimens for Histologic processing, according to
policies and procedures.
- Assure appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling.
- Maintain the integrity of the specimen and patient
- Describe gross anatomic features of routine, uncomplicated
surgical specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings and sutures
- Capable of grossing moderate to high complex/complicated
specimens under direct and indirect supervision, asapplicable to
training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle broader range of specimens with
indirect supervision (i.e., gall bladders, oriented skin lesions,
- May oversee the performance of Grossing Technician I.
- Escalates non-routine, complicated surgical specimens to
- Record measurements, weight, volume, and any abnormal findings
- Dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissues for histologic
- May be trained to perform basic Histology functions (i.e.,
embedding, microtomy, routine and special stains and frozen
sectioning) if personnel meet all requirements as outlined in
corporate Minimum Qualifications forHistotechnicianSOP.
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens,
includingcytopreparation, staining,coverslipping, etc. after
completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This
includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA)
- Complete all associated paperwork (i.e., workload recording,
PM/temperature charts, etc.)
- Follow the laboratory's applicable procedures for job-related
- Interact directly with pathologists regarding gross
dissection/description activities, including defined specimen types
that require direct supervision by a pathologist.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results and either correct the problems or
immediately notify the histology supervisor/manager, technical
supervisor, or director.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality
assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP
- Comply with all required Quest Diagnostics corporate continuing
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONSRequired WorkExperience:Meets all requirements as
outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel
Performing Tissue Gross Examinations SOP and 1988 CLIA CFR
493.1489Preferred Work Experience:3years of histology and/or
grossing experiencePhysical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/orstanding.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual tools and
laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of whichdemand
significant manual dexterityKnowledge:N/ASkills:N/AEDUCATION
Associates DegreeBachelor's DegreeLICENSECERTIFICATIONS Current
state licensure, if applicable(Required)While we appreciate and
value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes
from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees
for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, White Plains , Grossing Technician II, Professions , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!