Company: Saint Gobain
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Pourquoi a-t-on besoin de vous ?
The CertainTeed facility in Buchanan, NY manufactures Wallboard and
we are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to join our
team!The Production Operator will be expected to perform all duties
and responsibilities for the operations in his/her assigned area.
Follow plant, departmental, and job safety policies. Know,
understand, and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of safe operating
procedures, including housekeeping requirements. Knowledge and
understanding of all quality procedures and guidelines. Communicate
with previous shift regarding any issues. Be able to identify off
quality product and report problems. Report unsafe conditions and
correct immediately. Learn and use computer systems for Quality and
Production reporting. Communicate with other associates and areas
to ensure a good working environment.
Ce poste est-il fait pour vous ?
Hiring for Evening Shift (7:00pm-7:00am, rotating shift) , however,
new Production Operators will be expected to work Day Shift
temporarily during new hire training period (7:00am-3:00pm, shift
time may vary based on business needs)
- Ability to work varying shift schedule once set (8 hour shift,
12 hour shift, etc.)
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule, alternating scheduled
- The positions require working in an environment that is hot in
the summer and cold in the winter as well as physical in
- Employee will be exposed to a wide range of work temperature
environments dependent on climate changes and area of plant working
in. Manufacturing environment may be hot, cold, dirty, wet, and may
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill
necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment
that may include: protective ear equipment, steel toe boots, safety
glasses, FR clothing, chemical suits, and respirators
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 70 lbs
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to safely operate a powered industrial vehicle (fork
- Ability to report to scheduled work on time every day
- Ability to work nights and weekends when scheduled
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required On vous en
dit plus sur nous
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world's largest building products
company, CertainTeed - is North America's leading brand of exterior
and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence,
decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum, and ceilings.
Headquartered in Malvern, PA, CertainTeed and its affiliates
proudly have a staff of more than 6,300 employees and operate more
than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and
Pour tre sr de ne rien oublier
You Matter to Us
What are our perks?
Certain states require pay information be provided in job postings.
Saint-Gobain aims to deliver a comprehensive Total Rewards package
to support our employees' wellbeing and help improve daily life for
themselves and their families. We believe in the importance of pay
transparency in what we offer prospective candidates and provide
the pay rate for this position which is $25.96/hr starting,
$29.89/hr once qualified, and a potential to earn up to $31.89/hr.
This is an hourly paid position included within the bargaining unit
of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters , Local 456.
In addition to the hourly base pay rate, this position is eligible
for periodic bonus payment. Bonus payments are part of variable
compensation and by nature can vary based on company and individual
performance and is not a guarantee. Additional Pay Incentives for
This Role Include:
- Shift Differentials (i.e. Hourly Rate plus 12-hour Day Shift
Differential of $0.15/hr; Hourly Rate plus 12-hour Night Shift
Differential of $0.73/hr)
- Standard Overtime (Hourly Rate * 1.5) Employees have the
flexibility to choose the benefits that best fit their individual
- Health and Wellbeing - Supporting your wellbeing, to thrive in
life and work.
- Health and Welfare benefits administered through union
(Teamsters Local 456) - premiums paid by Employer
- Lifestyle Management Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement and Protection - Helping to make the future life you
want a reality.
- 401(k) with Company Match, Retirement Accumulation Plan (RAP)
Cash Balance Pension Plan
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Benefits - Helping shape the experience and impact
- Identity Theft Protection
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance and Discounts
- Back-up Child and Elder Care
- PerkSpot Employee Discount Program
- One pair of company-issued steel-toe shoes, and safety glasses;
annually Mention lgale
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint Gobain, White Plains , Production Operator, Professions , Buchanan, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!