Field Service Technician I
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech
company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting
with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their
favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around
technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate
customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and
retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our
customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
Job Summary As a Field Service Technician, you're our tech savvy
brand ambassador. You'll be responsible for providing the highest
level of service to our clients through installations, changes,
repairs, and disconnections of cable services, including video,
data, and telephone. As the face of AUSA in our customers' home,
you'll troubleshoot any issues and educate them on new and existing
products and services to benefit their experience. Why Join our
Team? As a Field Service Technician at Altice USA, we will provide
you with resources and training necessary to learn skills that can
grow into a rewarding career. In addition, we provide competitive
perks and benefits, such as: career progression opportunities, paid
vacation and sick time, an employee product discount (if residing
in the footprint), health insurance on day 1, tuition
reimbursement, and 401(k) with company matching funds! Under
general supervision the BBT I Field Service Technician installs,
changes, repairs and disconnects cable services including video,
data, and telephone. Performs troubleshooting at time of
installation and on scheduled service calls from the tap to the
customer's selected locations. Dual usage and knowledge ofcoaxial
cable and fiber in certain communities. Educates customers
regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of
other services to meet customer needs. Responsibilities
- Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
- Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including
video, data and telephone from tap to customer selected
- Utilizes network tools and troubleshooting knowledge to resolve
- Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service call
from customer's selected locations to tap.
- Educates customers regarding use of installed products;
explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and
- Determines customer's current service levels; inquiries about
customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate.
- Uses automated routing system or plans daily route;
requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle.
- Meets scheduled appointment windows.
- Completes work orders and other documentation on paper and/or
by mobile device.
- Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures
appropriate customer signatures.
- Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance and
- Adheres to established maintenance windows for all
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment.
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days
and beyond regular work hours as required.
- When applicable rearranging and reconnecting fiber optic
service drops at pole, underground or building terminals.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to
adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and
colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and
equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance
with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75 pounds); accommodation with 50-pound maximum
lifting is available
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt
(weight limit of 350 pounds including equipment)
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and
attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment
(e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others Altice USA is an
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and
promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender,
race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status,
pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis
protected by federal, state, or local law. Altice USA, Inc.
collects personal information about its applicants for employment
that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment
related information, photos, education information and/or protected
classifications under federal and state law. This information is
collected for employment purposes, including identification, work
authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource
administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
This role is in a union and covered by a collective bargaining
agreement. Applicants for employment with Altice will never be
asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job
application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for
Keywords: Altice USA, White Plains , Field Service Technician I, Professions , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!