Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Our Company: -Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary
of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy,
real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised
of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family
Rental. - Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known
as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and
managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council's
(NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra
Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals,
couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the
opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great
amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from
Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset
Manager later this year under ticker symbol 'Q'. - For additional
information, please visit Quarterra.com. Summary of Position: -The
Service Technician supports the Service Supervisor and Community
Manager by performing various maintenance duties necessary to
maintain and enhance the value of the community. They are
responsible for handling service requests for repairs and
improvements of vacant apartment homes to a market-ready status. By
working as a team participant, along with the other maintenance
team members, they ensure the community meets the quality
maintenance standards set by the Company. -Principal Duties and
- Complete assigned work orders generated from resident requests
- Ensure routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source
or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance
with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code
- Complete the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment
homes for leasing and new move-ins. This includes completing the
pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance
work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed,
obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance
tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follow procedures for accessing and obtaining materials,
supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community's
- Track inventory used, returning unused items to the established
location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about
- Complete documentation and other paperwork timely and
accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented
- Assist in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities.
Examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing
breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and
painting curbs and signage.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing
rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with
materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools
- May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors
and other service providers to verify the work, materials and
services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as
- Comply with Company's safety and risk-management policies by
attending and participating in the community's routine safety
meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety
related laws and requirements.
- Report accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrate customer services skills by treating residents and
others with respect, answering resident questions, responding
sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and
completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assist in conducting routine and periodic community inspections
to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the community
in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs
of the community to management.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and
ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company,
community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by
immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues appropriately.
- Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and
other resources as needed and/or required.
- General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to
be $23.50 [per hour], subject to adjustment based on
business-related factors including employee qualifications and
operational considerations.This information is intended to be a
general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors
affecting the business. -Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in property management
maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for
refrigerant recycling (Applies to Certified Service
- Must have all certifications as required by State and Local
jurisdictions (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and
must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance
of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment
and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication
skills in order to effectively interact with co-workers, residents,
vendors, and other business contacts. Respond courteously to
questions and requests and stay calm when addressing and resolving
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team
members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions
related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to
define and correct problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing software.
Physical Requirements: -This is a position which requires the
Service Technician to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs
in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have
the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend,
stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger
dexterity is necessary. #SK #LI-PMT #LI-SK - This description
outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the
position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job
duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities
may change at any time with or without notice. Quarterra Group is
an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age,
national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic
information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected
status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national,
federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and
inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we
seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a
diverse candidate pool.
Keywords: Quarterra, White Plains , Service Technician, Professions , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!