Senior QA Analyst
Location: White Plains
Posted on: January 7, 2021
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will
work with existing QA team and will be responsible for supporting
the overall Quality of various software systems and applications.
The work involves writing Test automation scripts using Selenium
with Java, maintaining the existing Test scripts, Test planning,
writing Test cases, executing testing of software applications both
manually and using Automation scripts, testing of mobile apps on
different types of devices, testing with Set Top Boxes and Cable
modems, reporting defects and entering them in Jira, tracking
defect progress, tracking progress of Application(s) Under Test and
reporting Test metrics. This person will be working on multiple
projects in a dynamic and fast paced environment.SPECIFIC
- Responsible for Test planning based on the project schedule and
- Responsible for writing Test cases ensuring Requirements and
Product Backlog items from the Sprints are translated into Test
cases and ensuring the Quality of Application(s) Under Test meet
- Executing manual and Automation Testing of various software
applications in accordance with the Test cases
- Responsible for writing and maintaining Test automation scripts
using Selenium web driver with Java.
- Responsible for Mobile Testing - iOS and Android apps.
- Responsible for testing of Set Top Boxes and Cable modems.
- Responsible for Smoke Testing, System Testing, Functionality
Testing, End to End Testing, Integration Testing, Regression
Testing, User Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing, Web Application
Testing, Mobile Application Testing and Load Testing of different
- Responsible for promptly communicating any issues/findings to
the team and Management.
- Responsible for creating and tracking defects in Jira and
managing Test cases in Zephyr for Jira.
- Documenting Test scenarios, work flows, user guides and
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive supporting documentation
relating to the testing process for deployed software.
- Work closely with the other members of QA and development teams
and other departments within the company and with external vendors
- Work in a dynamic environment and being able to multi-task
efficiently and switch between multiple projects with ease.
- Responsible for supporting Production deployments and post
deployment validation.PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Engineering or any related field required.
- 3+ years direct experience functioning in a Software QA
- Experience working with Selenium Web Driver and UFT.
- Strong Knowledge of QA methodology and the software development
- Experience working with SoapUI, Restful API's and XML.
- Experience testing with JMeter.
- Experience working with Eclipse and testNG.
- Hands on experience planning Tests and strong ability to write
thorough and comprehensive Test plans and Test cases in accordance
with the functional requirements, detail specifications, and
project plans provided.
- Ability to proactively take initiative and demonstrate a high
level of accountability.
- Ability to understand project plan/schedule and resource
- Ability to monitor and measure progress of Application(s) under
Test and to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written to interact
constructively with the development/QA teams, project management,
business stakeholders and vendors.
- Candidate must possess keen attention to detail and excellent
- Software testing certifications, highly preferred.
Keywords: Mediacom, White Plains , Senior QA Analyst, Professions , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!