Company: Carl Zeiss Inc.
Location: White Plains
Posted on: May 16, 2020
WHITE PLAINS, NY
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every
single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
The HRIS analyst is a senior-level position within the HRIS
structure. This position partners with HRIS Manager & HR Director
and their customers to analyze work process design and flow,
improve processes and leverage the return on technological
capabilities. The HRIS senior analyst builds project plans, ensures
adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and
can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and
conduct long-term planning. This position also serves as a
technical point-of-contact for assigned functional area and assists
subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of
system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process
improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also supports Workday
upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manages projects/process improvement, including applying change
management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of
- Identifies and understands issues, problems and
- Compares data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or
develops appropriate solutions.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints
and probable consequences.
- Uses these data to build project plans and ensure adherence to
schedule and other specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers
and peers to accomplish project goals.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative
solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established
policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to
- Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and
data collection design principles.
2. Performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review,
testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades and releases.
Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate
application of upgrade or fix. Documents process and results.
3. Provides production support, including researching and resolving
Workday-related problems, unexpected results or process flaws;
performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or
alternate methods to meet requirements.
4. Generates reports/queries, including writing maintaining and
supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate
reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for
ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by
running queries and analyzing data.
5. Conducts training, including developing user procedures,
guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new
processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
6. Maintains awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on
product and service development, delivery and support, and applying
key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training,
materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other
mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS
application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group
1. Bachelor's degree in HRM, MIS, Computer Science or related field
or equivalent work experience.
2. Workday systems experience
Preferred skill set:
1. Master's degree in human resource management, MIS, computer
science or related degree.
2. Workday Pro certification
3. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
4. Project Management Professional (PMP ) credential. In a spacious
modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS
employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit
reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership
structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to
bring science and society into the future together.
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your
application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social
origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual
orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes..
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer
Keywords: Carl Zeiss Inc., White Plains , HRIS Analyst, Professions , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!