Company: Summit Health and CityMD
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMDSummit Health
and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric network,
committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and
bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was
created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the
nations premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and
CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York
metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a
more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for
every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition,
through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.We are
continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and deliver
exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit Health now
has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80 specialty areas,
13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New York, New Jersey,
Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon. CityMD has over 150
locations across the tri-state. We share a vision of improving the
way health care needs are addressed by offering timely,
high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient
experience. Together, we provide the best possible care to every
patient in every neighborhood.Join our team! Summit Health and
CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the right talent who
will contribute to our ongoing expansion and success. We work to
set clear goals and expectations, while regularly managing
performance and cultivating personal and team capabilities within a
positive, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards
success. We strive to make each team member's experience at our
company inspiring. Explore our open positions and apply to become a
part of the Summit Health and CityMD family.Job
Description***$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS****Job Title: Chief
TechnologistSchedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pmPosition
Summary:Under the direction of the Site Manager, the Chief
Technologist directs the performance of their assigned center and
is responsible for the efficiency, productivity and quality
performed by assigned technologists. Works in collaboration with
multiple staff (Technologists, Radiologists, Nursing). The goal to
optimize patient flow and influence patient and staff
satisfaction.Essential Job functions
- Ensure staffing is appropriate in comparison to patient volumes
- Supervise technological staff by monitoring staff
- Coordinate activities within the department to assure maximum
productivity and enhance best utilization of resources.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and licensure
through educational workshops, professional publications and
societies. Monitor site QC and ACR testing. State
- Delegate duties to other technologists in relevant modality as
- Evaluate and monitor patient dose exposure at your center and
stay up to date on MRI safety working closely with the MRSO.
- Conduct performance evaluations, coaching and counseling on
department staff as required.
- Direct and support employees daily work activities and
recommend the following employee actions: Hiring, corrective action
and performance reviews.
- Monitor and approve time cards and mange PTO requests.
- Work with radiologist to ensure the most appropriate protocols
are loaded for the best clinical outcome while being conscious of
patient volume throughput.
- Organize staff meetings with technologists at your center to
educate and grow the team. In addition, conduct one-on-one meeting
with staff to discuss any issues.
- Responsible for encouraging technologists to cross train in
other modalities and tracking which technologists are certified in
- Conduct environmental and safety procedures including cleaning
and sterilizing the exam room and equipment. Evaluate and maintain
supply levels and practice safe patient maneuvers.
- Facilitate the patient experience by greeting patients,
explaining pre-and post-procedure instructions, and verifying
- Perform exams using proper protocols and positioning
techniques, transporting patients safely, verifying accuracy of
orders and documenting patient information
- Document the patients exam through data entry, report
retrieval, scanning and recording the exam details in the
electronic medical record system.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information per HIPAA
- Make tech staffing recommendations and with management guidance
and approval interview and hire staff
- Assist Center Manager in any tasks that would help with
operational efficiencies and achieving financial goalsGeneral Job
- Order and maintain supply inventory.
- Report system outages and coordinating repairs or service.
- Communicate with site director and Radiologists regarding
outages and scheduling changes
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Split responsibilities between: working as a scheduled
technologist and overseeing technologists at assigned
centerPhysical Job Requirements:
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pullingEducation,
Certification, Computer and Training Requirements
- Associates Degree, required
- ARRT or ARDMS Certification, required.
- Board Certified RT in good standing with ARRT or ARDMS,
- Leadership experience in addition to 3 years experience as a
Radiologic Technologist, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time experience in the specialized
modality and a minimum of 2 years experience supervising a
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to safe practices while
abiding by all OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Intermediate computer skills including email and ability to
comprehend and utilize Electronic Medical Record System and PACS
- Use of contrast injectors, modality equipment and general
- May need to travel to satellite locations as neededPay range is
$$90,000 - $112,000 annually.The provided compensation range is
based on industry standards and salary determinations will be made
based on numerous factors including but not limited to years of
experience and location of position.Total Rewards at Summit Health
CityMDOur team members are essential to our mission to reshape
healthcare through the power of connection. Summit Health highly
values the critical role that health and wellness play in the lives
of our team members and their families. We strive to provide a
valuable suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time
off, and resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of
team members and their families at various stages of life and in
their professional career. Collectively, we call these "Total
Rewards.Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are
not limited to:
- Weve Got You Covered - Health coverage is vital, and it begins
as soon as the 1st of the month after you start employment.
- Build a Healthy Foundation Various medical plan options, HDHP
with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at
CityMD Urgent Cares.
- Enhance Your Health Coverage Dental and vision insurance, plus
healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
- Safeguard Your Household Company paid EAP and life insurance,
plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan
- Protect Against the Unexpected Voluntary benefits including
hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability
- Retirement Investing - 401(k) plan with company match every pay
period to help you build towards your retirement.
- Work/Life Balance - Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and
more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their
- Paid Maternity Leave - Paid time off for the birth of a child
to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest
addition to your family.
- Reach Professional Goals Tuition reimbursement, annual
compensation and bonus program, and internal growth
- Financial Wellness - Educational webinars, resources, and tools
to help foster financial literacy. Equal Opportunity EmployerOur
Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
laws.Safety DisclaimerOur Company cares about the safety of our
employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for
job searches or communications. Our Company will never request
personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email.
Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money,
banking or other personal information prior to the in-person
interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking.
Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during
regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit,
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at
Keywords: Summit Health and CityMD, White Plains , Lead Technologist, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!