Cyber Security Program Lead
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: March 9, 2023
SummaryEnsures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability
of NYPA information through the establishment of security controls,
governance instruments (policies, standards) and associated
processes. Provides governance and oversight to ensure that
appropriate security measures are designed and architected into IT
solutions and services and that vulnerabilities are identified and
remediated. Monitors NYPA's technology landscape to detect and
respond to threats.Highlights for this role include:
- Architecting, designing, deploying Splunk forwarders,
configuring agents to collect a variety of application logs
including both structured and unstructured data, and developing
complex dashboards and reports
- Building, testing, and deploying technical Splunk add-ons and
providing troubleshooting guidance in both development and
production Splunk environments
- Administering Splunk in a distributed Linux-based environment
and programming in PythonResponsibilities
- Ensure the development, implementation and refinement of
security policies, procedures, and programs to protect the New York
Power Authority's Information Technology cyber assets and
enterprise digital ecosystem on premise and in cloud which include
computers, networks, telecommunications equipment, data centers,
- Analyze existing Security Architecture with a view for
identifying design improvements, finding gap areas, and improving
on areas of potential vulnerability.
- Deep knowledge of Cyber Security design principles, accepted
standards, and mitigating controls. Must understand how auditing
fits into documentation of cyber controls.
- Crucial lead duties and responsibilities that must continue to
be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations,
which may necessitate extended hours of work (such as incident
response and disaster recovery).
- Responsible for working in both classified and unclassified
intelligence sharing environment. Will be sharing technical
intelligence information with CIS staff and NYPA staff.
- Work on classified and unclassified analytical projects and
products, such as NMAP, Nessus, Excel reporting.Knowledge, Skills
- Advanced knowledge of cyber security policies and practices
found throughout both the public and private sectors.
- Extensive familiarity with electric utility business and
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and practical cyber
- Ability to lead cyber security technical guidance both within
IT and NYPA's other groups and effectively communicate project
needs and requirements.
- Capacity to address site and corporate management regarding
cyber security requirements.
- Ability to lead efforts with other support personnel in
- Aptitude to lead in providing documentation and training on
hardware, software, and procedures used in Cyber Security to other
groups as needed.
- Capable of understanding, leading, and communicating complex IT
security, design, project management, and policy planning
requirements.Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of experience in Information Technology
- Industry Certification such as CISSP or CISM certification, or
equivalent preferred.Physical Requirements
- May be required to respond Cyber Security alerts and
communicate during off hours.New York Power Authority is committed
to providing fair, competitive, and market-informed compensation.
The target salary range for this position in the White Plains, NY
location is: $126,000 - $154,000 and $109,000 - $133,000 for this
position in the Niagara, Buffalo, Syracuse, and Blenheim-Gilboa, NY
locations. The New York Power Authority and Canals Corporation
believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success,
and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals,
people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities,
foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. As an equal
opportunity employer, NYPA/Canals is committed to building
inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect
communities across NY and enthusiastically serve them. We proudly
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status,
pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, arrest record or
criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by
law.We are happy to provide reasonable religious accommodations
during the hiring process for those in need. If you have a
disability or special need that requires a reasonable
accommodation, please send a request to.
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Cyber Security Program Lead, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...