Communications Specialist II
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Develops, recommends and helps implement marketing and
communications strategies to advance the Power Authority's
programs. Supports internal and external communication goals by
conceptualizing, writing and editing a full range of print,
exhibitory, audiovisual and electronic media. Also develops,
recommends and helps implement advertising strategies and works
with the business units to identify promotional and public
relations opportunities. Ensures that all print and electronic
communications support the objectives of the Authority's programs
and reach targeted audiences.#LI-AE1Responsibilities
- Oversee assigned projects from inception to successful
completion for NYPA and Canals, with guidance.
- Write, rewrite and/or edit content for assigned projects.
- Oversee and create employee newsletters.
- Manage employee texting platform and digital signage
- Create new and exciting communications aimed to engage
employees, build trust and reinforce mission, vision and
- Write on behalf of various peers and leaders, as assigned.
- Build and maintain strong, positive and trusted working
relationships between Communications and clients requesting
- Partner with peers in Graphics, Videography, Photography and
Social Media to ensure accurate and timely completion of integrated
projects. Help ensure a holistic and integrated communication
approach is being utilized.
- Recommend strategies for content development & distribution,
with careful thought to how and when to distribute based on
organization priorities and content calendar.
- Conduct extensive, more complex internal and external research
for projects including but not limited to: newsletters, annual
reports, historical documentation, etc.
- Work closely with vendors/consultants, as assigned.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; editing
- Sound knowledge of, and excitement around, communication
technologies and techniques.
- Ability to adapt communication style to audience and flex copy
and tone to reflect author of communication.
- Extremely flexible, focused on providing best outcomes based on
client needs and communications best practices.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and changing priorities
with grace and humor.
- Team player who puts a high premium on collaboration, creating
a good environment and forging strong relationships.
- Strong skills in Microsoft office programs including Excel,
Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of web, digital or graphic design
programs.Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing.
- Minimum six years corporate communications, marketing or agency
experience.Physical RequirementsN/ANew York Power Authority is
committed to providing fair, competitive, and market-informed
compensation. The target salary range for this position
is:$89,500.00 - $109,500.00. Salary offered will be determined
based the successful candidates' relevant experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities.The New York Power Authority and Canals
Corporation believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive
our success, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+
individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic
minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. As an
equal opportunity employer, NYPA/Canals is committed to building
inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect
communities across NY and enthusiastically serve them. We proudly
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status,
pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, arrest record or
criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by
We are happy to provide reasonable religious accommodations during
the hiring process for those in need. If you have a disability or
special need that requires a reasonable accommodation, please send
a request firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Communications Specialist II, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!