Senior HR Generalist
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Located: Westchester, NY
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist acts as liaison to the HR
Director and CEO managing the administration of the human resources
policies, procedures and programs for the NY office and projects.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist carries out responsibilities in
the following functional areas: JD Edwards's administration,
Employment, Recruiting and Terminations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advisor to managers to ensure compliance and understanding of
company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for new hire process to ensure compliance with HR
policies and procedures.
- Conduct and facilitate employee new hire orientations and exit
- Create and disseminate employment offer letters for NY
- Assist with employee relations issues.
- Process new hire and termination paperwork for nonunion AND
- Responsible for employment and compliance relative to
regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
regarding employment practices.
- Provide data and reports from JD Edwards or other resources to
assist managers and supervisors with salary and staffing
- Responsible for all data entry into JDE.
- ACA monthly reconciliation with benefits
- Assist managers and employees with conflict resolution to
ensure fairness and consistency in practices.
- Maintain the integrity of the information entered and
maintained in JD Edwards by reviewing entries for accuracy and in
accordance with HR processes, to include recording new hires,
transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit
increases; tracking vacation, sick, and leaves of
- Act as a liaison with our third-party leave of absence
administrator, benefits administrator, 401k administrator, payroll
department and management.
- Order, update, maintain and distribute to new and existing job
sites all required state, federal and local posters i.e. EEO,
Workers' Compensation, Harassment Prevention, Federal and State
Labor Law posters, etc.
- Participates in other projects upon request.
- Travel to project sites when requested.
--------------- Required Job Skills :
- Demonstrate current knowledge of federal and state labor laws
and other applicable employment laws (FLSA, FMLA, etc.).
- Familiarity with unions and collective bargaining agreements in
the construction industry a plus.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications and team
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work
- Demonstrate ability to be detail-oriented, dependable,
consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Effectively assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and
- Exercise creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks
accurately in a compressed timeframe.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience as an HR Generalist. Construction
Industry experience preferred.
- Union and non-union experience is a plus
- A combination of work experience and education may be
considered in lieu of degree.
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, White Plains , Senior HR Generalist, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!