Company: Carl Zeiss Vision
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Contract Specialist is a professional who supports the
transactions which drive revenue generation and legal compliance.
Reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements for sale of products
and services, NDA's and consulting agreements, and supporting
customer survey requests. Supporting continuous improvement for
solutions to reduce review cycle times, reduce risk in the
commercial transaction process and improve visibility into the
contracting process. This role is a strategic asset of the
business, presenting a level of cooperation and communication that
reflects the ZEISS brand and enhances our competitive
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review, revise and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
for the sale of goods and services.
* Expertise in transactions with the government and subcontractors,
purchases of materials and services, and confidentiality.
* Analyze and mitigate contract risk (in coordination with
* Identify issues for attorney review.
* Handle confidential information.
* Ensure Company and contractor comply with corporate policies and
* Communicate with business partners to understand objectives and
* Assist with the planning and administration of contracts and
continuous improvement of processes and systems to advance
* Using contracts management systems, prepare and disseminate
information to appropriate employees and departments regarding
contract status and related issues.
* Support legal and compliance initiatives.
* Other activities as directed by attorney(s).
Experience and Education Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree; Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
or ABA-approved Paralegal school preferred.
* 3-5 years, broad-based capital equipment experience.
* Confident Negotiator.
* Resourceful, inquisitive, proactive, detail-oriented.
* Well organized and able to meet and prioritize deadlines.
* Knowledge (full) of commercial contract terms and negotiation
* Extensive knowledge of federal contracting requirements
(particularly with FAR, DFARS or equivalent) and experience
negotiating and completing solicitations and offers (RFQs, RFPs,
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
* Overall business acumen will be critically important to
successful integration .
* Contracts 365 preferred, Office 365 suite.
* Online research tools, (and detective skills) to facilitate the
researching novel topics.
* Legal research and writing.
Keywords: Carl Zeiss Vision, White Plains , Contract Specialist, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!