AL Care Partner
Company: The Kensington White Plains
Location: White Plains
Posted on: August 4, 2022
SIGN-ON BONUS OF $1,000 - JOIN OUR TEAM! About the Kensington
Team Have you been searching for an organization with heart? A work
environment where you can make a difference in many lives? A place
where you can grow professionally and personally? Kensington Senior
Living has been built upon two key values: a Love for Seniors and a
Spirit to Serve. We want people who are dedicated to the mutually
rewarding experience that comes from caring for others. We are
currently hiring experienced CNAs to work full time and p art time
shifts. We call our CNAs Care Partners because that is what they do
-- care for our beloved residents. Job Summary : The CNA is
responsible for providing direct care including activities of daily
living, therapeutic activities programs, and restorative programs.
Assistance is dependent upon physical and cognitive ability of
resident. Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair with
the correct use of the transfer belt (gait belt) if required.
Depending on residents' weight and physical abilities, may require
the assistance of another aide or the use of a mechanical lift to
move the resident.
- Assists residents in bathing as assigned. Monitors hygiene
continuously and assists as needed to assure that each resident is
- Assists in personal grooming of residents.
- Assists residents in using bathroom and perineal care.
- Takes and records vital signs of residents, e.g. temperature,
blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate and records information
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provides meals in
room as required. Records amount eaten by residents.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in
resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and
maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or
family as needed.
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Communicates all
changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities as required. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification is required.
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse
Assistant in assisted living, home care or nursing home
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive
- Must be able to read and write English and follow verbal and
- Basic computer skills required. Skills:
- Must be kind, caring, and possess a genuine desire to work with
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team- based
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
Our Benefits Include :
- Sign-on Bonus of $1,000
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Lunches/Dinners
- Nearby bus/train COVID VACCINATION POLICY Kensington Senior
Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first
date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks
has passed since an individual received the final dose of an
authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. We are an equal opportunity
employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those
individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability
or sincerely held religious belief unless it would impose an undue
hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the
employee or others. KWP22 PI184722453
Keywords: The Kensington White Plains, White Plains , AL Care Partner, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!