Company: The Kensington White Plains
Location: White Plains
Posted on: July 30, 2022
SIGN-ON BONUS OF $1,000 -- JOIN OUR TEAM! About the Kensington
TeamHave you been searching for an organization with heart? A work
environment where you can make a difference in many lives? A place
where you can grow professionally and personally?Kensington Senior
Living has been built upon two key values: a Love for Seniors and a
Spirit to Serve. We want people who are dedicated to the mutually
rewarding experience that comes from caring for others.Above all,
we are looking for individuals who share these values and would
like to join our team in White Plains, NY, where we promise to love
and care for residents as we do our own families.Job Summary: The
Wellness Nurse supports the Director of Nursing in planning,
organizing, developing, directing and evaluating the nursing
service operation. Provides the highest degree of quality resident
care while ensuring that applicable Federal, State and local
standards and regulatory requirements are adhered to. Duties and
- Assumes direct supervisory role for all nursing staff in the
absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in a smooth transition of
resident admissions to the facility by reviewing pre-admission
medical evaluations and assisting in collecting resident personal
data, evaluating resident functional levels and assessing resident
needs for assistance with activities of daily living.
- Assists physicians and Directors of Nursing, Assisted Living
and Memory Care with planning for the individual resident's nursing
care and completes resident assessment forms. Works with providers
such as pharmacy, hospice, home health agencies, and rehab to
ensure resident care is coordinated.
- Supervises the delivery of treatments to ensure they are
carried out on a timely basis and in a manner that meets standards
of care. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends
changes to the Director of Nursing.
- Supervises the quality of notes, documentation, medication and
treatment administration records and other records maintained in
resident charts. Identifies opportunities for improvement and
recommends changes to the Director of Nursing.
- Assures resident rights are protected and the privacy of
resident health care information is protected.
- Meets with prospective and current residents and their families
as needed to discuss issues related to resident care, solve
problems, and promotes positive customer relations. Addresses
issues and manage those issues in a timely and appropriate
- Participates in the weekly Health Maintenance meeting. Provides
reviews of resident individual service plans, note changes in
residents' condition, and coordinate changes in care plans with
service providers such as physicians, pharmacy, and rehab providers
to meet resident requirements.
- Participates in regular reviews to identify nursing services
improvement opportunities and compliance with Federal and State
rules and regulations and facility policies. Assists in developing
plans and actions to carry out improvements.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars and other
programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares
and communicates new knowledge.
- Represents the community and nursing service in professional
and community activities and maintains positive relationship with
referral sources and service providers.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities to meet community requirements and maintain
professional certification. Qualifications, Knowledge and
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in similar position, preferably retirement
living or home-care background.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their
rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from families.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team based
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Must have excellent computer skills. Our Benefits Include:
- Sign-on Bonus of $1,000
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Lunches/Dinners
- Nearby Bus/train Kensington Senior Living requires our
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive a
booster dose on or before their first date of employment. Fully
vaccinated means that at least two weeks has passed since an
individual received the final dose of an authorized COVID-19
vaccine regimen. We are an equal opportunity employer. We will
provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are
unable to be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held
religious belief unless it would impose an undue hardship or pose a
direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others.
Keywords: The Kensington White Plains, White Plains , Wellness Nurse, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!