Histotechnician (Histotechnician #)
Company: KA Recruiting Inc.
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Tissue Fixation/Identification/Processing opening in White
Plains, New York. REF: CO172 Experienced Histology Technician
Needed in NY! *Full time and permanent position* *Evening Shift*
Looking to join an award winning medical group in the Hudson
Valley? We are looking for an experienced histology technician to
join our team on evening shift ASAP! The Histotechnician is
accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing run
under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and
performing accurately tissue sections for pathological
interpretation in a timely manner. Essential Functions and Job
- Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is
according to established, approved procedures and quality control
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie.
Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and
proper technique followed.)
- Embed tissue specimen early morning using best technique
possible to make sure that tissue is properly oriented onto the
- Cut paraffin blocks meeting section protocol according to
- Assist with special stains and tissue control slides for
special stains and immunhistochemistry.
- Change and/or rotates reagents on tissue processors, Leica
stainer as needed, with daily QC.
- Record daily Quality Control of all instruments used in job
description, maintaining proper documentation of record
temperatures, instruments cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Investigates and resolves problems; informs laboratory manager
of any and all serious problems.
- File Surgical Blocks daily.
- Maintains Distilled Water System QC and in working condition at
- Assist with accessioning as needed.
- Maintain in working order Cassette and Slide printers
- Discard Surgical Specimens weekly, with formalin
- Maintain control of Xylene waste removal with proper follow
- Responsible for receiving and keeping track of all laboratory
supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be follow
up with vendors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents
needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the
- Complies with all WMG policies and OSHA regulations related to
safety, cleanliness and infection control Required Qualifications:
- HT degree and equivalent Certification as a lab technologist
- NY State license is required
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost
- Strong customer service skills are necessary to deal
courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot
independently For more information please submit your resume
directly for review or send an updated resume to [Click Here to
Keywords: KA Recruiting Inc., White Plains , Histotechnician (Histotechnician #), Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!