Company: Affinity Executive Search
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Email Address We represent an award-winning MAGNET hospital in
Westchester County. We are seeking a Cytotechnologist within the--
Lab Anatomic Pathology department. Reporting to the Pathology
Supervisor, the ideal candidate will work Day shift Monday
- Receives body material, fluids, exudate and scrapings, etc. and
assists physicians with FNA procedures and collects--specimens from
- Examines and records classification of slides and presents
slides with unusual cytomorphology--to Pathologist for further
- Maintains record of screening workload performed. e.g. NYS
Department of Health requirement. Performs other duties as
- Screens gynecological and non-gynecological cases on a daily
basis and in a timely manner
- Assists with preparation, staining and coverslipping of
cytology specimens as needed.
- Assists in Cytology Aspiration procedures (FNA )that are
scheduled with the Department Ex.-Ambulatory Surgery, Breast
Imaging, Endoscopy, Off Site, Radiology and Radiology
- Sign out cases with the Pathologist on (according to
- Labels all Cytology stained slides, compares name, number of
slides, clinical information, and gross description against the
- Change and clean equipment and solutions in the Cytology
Aspiration procedure tray, keep Cytology Aspiration procedure
supplies in tray stocked as needed
- Maintains all records as per regulatory agencies
- Maintains CME log
- Participates in any other departmental activities as directed
by the Chief Cytotechnologist or Laboratory Director Education &
- N.Y.S. license required.
- Bachelor of Science with ASCP Registry and/or Certified
Cytology School Degree.
- 3 years minimum experience screening gynecological,
non-gynecological specimens and fine needle aspirations.
- Familiar with Bethesda system for Cytology reporting.
Keywords: Affinity Executive Search, White Plains , Cytotechnologist, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!