Laboratory Supervisor - Chemistry *$115k/yr*
Company: Connected Health Care, LLC
Location: White Plains
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Medical Technologist –
*Sign-On Bonus* ASCP
Health Care is searching for a Medical Technologist to join a
state-of-the-art team in White Plains, NY as a Supervisor over
their Chemistry department! This is a rare opportunity to lead a
team of compassionate and dedicated professionals at a hospital
thats consistently ranked as one of the top employers to work for
in the state. This hospital consistently provides unmatched
opportunity for advancement and a healthy work/life balance. So, if
you are a lab professional looking to take the next step in your
career with a great organization, this opportunity is for
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB
- Supervises the work of assigned subordinates engaged in the
pre-analytical, analytical, and/or post-analytical phases of
testing. Performs all delegated functions as defined by facility
- Prepares schedules, coordinates job assignments, and monitors
personnel. Assist in the selection, orientation, training,
assignments, evaluations, discipline, and discharge of
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures related
to the laboratory, staffing, and scheduling.
- Communicates and escalates staffing issues or other concerns to
management in a timely manner.
- Monitors the inventory system to ensure that necessary supplies
are available as needed and in the proper quantity.
- Assists with implementing quality assurance programs and
maintains standards and records that document compliance with
- Assists with the review of all quality control, proficiency
testing, instrument maintenance, and quality assurance records, and
any associated corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of annual
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and
direction of the work of supervised employees using established
guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to make effective hiring and termination
- Ability to train, and evaluate performance of supervised
- General computer skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll
systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the
EXPERIENCE – Minimum of 4 years of experience required.
Generalist and proven leadership background preferred.
If you are interested in hearing more about this great
opportunity, please contact:
Patrick Hartigan - Healthcare Recruiter
Keywords: Connected Health Care, LLC, White Plains , Laboratory Supervisor - Chemistry *$115k/yr*, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!