HHA/PCA NOW HIRING!
Company: Care 365 Homecare
Location: White Plains
Posted on: October 12, 2021
The Personal Care Aide is responsible for providing patient
assistance with nutritional and environmental support and personal
hygiene, feeding and dressing and/or, as an extension of a
self-directed patient, selected health related tasks in his/her
home or facility under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Carries out the Agency's mission, philosophy, goals and
objectives within guidelines of Agency policy and position
- Interprets and implements the Agency's philosophy to staff and
members of the community.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a
realistic goal-oriented plan of care.
- Provides personal care and rehabilitative services and assists
in activities of daily living as directed by the nurse or
- Follows care plan instructions as directed by the nurse.
- Provides Environmental Support:
- Make/ change bed linen, occupied or unoccupied.
- Light housekeeping: Patient areas to include kitchen, bath,
bedroom, etc.; dust, mop, sweep, vacuum, clean kitchen sink,
counter, stove top, table, refrigerator, clean bathroom sink, tub,
- Clean up after meal preparation and provision of care.
- Personal laundry: clothing and bed linen, wash, iron, and mend,
prepare for laundry service.
- Maintain safe environment and clean patient equipment.
- Provides Nutritional Support:
- Develops menu.
- Prepares grocery list, shop.
- Prepares meals/ snacks.
- Assists with feeding.
- Measures and records intake of food and fluids.
- Personal Care Functions- assists with or performs and
- Skin care.
- Grooming: hair shampoo, beard, nails, shave, oral hygiene,
denture care; assist with dressing, apply elastic stocking, clean
- Toileting: bedpan, urinal, commode or toilet, adult
- Wound dressing: change clean dressing (band-aid, gauze pad and
- Assist nurse with changing sterile dressing
- Performs and records simple measures:
- Blood pressure on arm
- Vital signs: temperature, pulse, respiration
- Collect specimens: stool, urine, sputum (without
- Measure intake and output
- Test for urine sugar and acetone
- Weigh patient
- Carries out maintenance exercise program.
- Assists with use of medical supplies and equipment; assist
nurse with changing sterile dressing.
- Walking: assist with our without assistive equipment, walk
inside or outside of home, use of safety belt.
- Provides Related Supportive Tasks:
- Accompanies out of doors and to medical appointments.
- Assists with socialization and recreation activities.
- Assists with completion of personal business activities such as
telephoning, correspondence, paying bills.
- Observes, records, and reports patients condition.
- Other Activities:
- Participates in selected case conferences.
- Maintains daily patient record and timesheet.
- Promptly informs nurse of changes, needs or problems with
patients condition and/ or environment.
- Performs related activities as directed by the nurse.
- Adhere to care plan instructions.
- Written evidence of having successfully completed a New York
State Department of Health approved:
Basic Training Program in home health aide services;
Equivalency Examination or Competency Only Program in home
health aide services;
Written evidence of having successfully completed a New York
State Department of Social Services approved Training or Competency
Program in personal care services;
- Compliance with Inservice Education requirements;
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
Keywords: Care 365 Homecare, White Plains , HHA/PCA NOW HIRING!, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!