Location: White Plains
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Overview: The Operations Manager oversees the daily Paratranst
operations to include but not limited to; route supervision, staff
and operator supervision, effective communication with internal and
external customers and coaching employees for optimal
This is for proposed business and all offers are contingent
upon Transdev's award of the contract.
Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and Certifications
- Supervises daily activities of all operators and coordinates
the activities of supervisors and dispatch personnel.
- Oversees scheduling of operators; monitors operations and
coordinates delivery of service with superiors.
- Works closely with the maintenance department to ensure that
all operation requirements are met.
- Track, compile and analyze performance; handle
interdepartmental issues; resolve employee issues and grievances;
improve processes and route scheduling.
- Makes hiring decisions for authorized roles; evaluates the work
performance of staff; ensures the timely and efficient completion
of all assigned tasks.
- Assists in accident/incident investigation, including any
needed on-site assistance and support to safety and training
- Coordinates with the safety and training department to ensure
all safety goals and directives are met.
- Develops Operations department budget.
- May operate a vehicle in revenue service, if necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- BA/BS in transportation or logistics preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- At least 5 years' experience in operations management
experience in a transit environment of similar size and scope.
- Thorough knowledge of basic provincial laws, ordinances and
regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit
system's staff and operational departments.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and relevant database programs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong
attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor; may include labor
grievances and negotiations.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include weekends and
- Travel requirement (as a percent): < 5% travel for
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdevna, White Plains , Operations Manager, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!