Senior Tax Accountant
Company: H&R Block
Location: WHITE PLAINS
Posted on: July 19, 2021
What you'll do...
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information
and prepare financial reports. Prepares, submits and manages tax
statements and returns for businesses and clients. Provides advice
on financial and tax matters and should have an in-dept knowledge
of the regulations, laws and acts that govern the process.
Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and is a good
Day to Day you'll ...
- Preparing tax statements, financial statements and BAS
statements at required intervals
- Creating and returning statements and documents to clients by
- Preparing business income tax returns and statements for
- Assisting in financial planning
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements
- Identifying areas where clients and businesses can reduce tax,
make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory
- Understanding financial landscape and market trends
- Responsibilities could pertain to any area of accounting, such
as: general ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to
accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities,
and equity. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and
other reports to summarize current and projected SBU or Support
department financial position and results.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end analysis of
accounts for assigned lines of business. Validate the accuracy of
data from subsystems.
- Process subsystems or subsidiary interfaces. Validate the
accuracy of the interfaced data. Perform follow up and resolution
of determined issues.
- May be responsible for auditing contracts, orders and vouchers.
Prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to
- Participate in the development, improvement, and implementation
of accounting procedures. Assist in gathering accounting
requirements from SBUs and Support departments and determining
changes to existing programs or new programs.
- Engaging regularly with clients and maintaining strong
- To also serve as supervisor for bookkeeping staff.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
- 10-15 years related work experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- EA preferred
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer
system, Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills; ability to
work independently and handle multiple tasks/projects
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written
- Intermediate (practical application) Knowledge of integrated
online accounting applications
- Intermediate (practical application) Knowledge of Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles
- 8-10 years Minimum related work experience
Keywords: H&R Block, White Plains , Senior Tax Accountant, Other , WHITE PLAINS, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!