Company: Town Sports International Holdings Inc
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Are you our next Personal Trainer?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Personal Trainers to join our growing team. Personal Trainers
work directly with their clients to map out SMART Goals and
effective programming in a one-to-one and small group setting. With
the support and guidance of the club management team and a robust
development program, you'll get a strong starting in building your
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the
Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous
markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Are motivated and have a strong work ethic to build your
business the right way.
- Are never satisfied with the status quo and embrace stretch
- Possess strong coaching calls.
- Can thrive in a fast past environment.
- Are able to translate fitness knowledge into specific and goal
oriented programs for clients.
- Have a desire to be part of a team.
More about this role:
The Personal Trainer focuses on providing a positive fitness
experience relevant to our member's specific goals (S.M.A.R.T.
goals) through scientifically based, personally tailored fitness
programs. The Personal trainer creates value in our fitness
programs and member experience through one-on-one personal
training, small group training and member engagement activities
including, but not limited to, fitness floor member engagement,
relevant fitness special events, external fitness education and
outreach. The Personal Trainer drives retention through motivation,
accountability, consistency and knowledge-based fitness programs
where growth and results are a main focus. This applies to both the
member experience and their personal training business. The
Personal Trainer role achieves success through embodying our core
competencies (Creating the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing
Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
- Properly utilizing all fitness tools provided.
- Maintaining client programs and fitness assessment forms;
proper storing in home facility.
- Maintaining PT certifications and necessary continuing
- Being on time for all shifts, meetings, appointments and
classes required to meet and maintain job responsibilities.
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Creating smart goal action plans to meet individual goals for
revenue, sales and retention.
- Quickly addressing any member issues, questions or concerns
regarding their fitness programs, including cancel requests,
suspensions and transfers and escalate issues to management
- Quickly addressing any maintenance or equipment issues that are
visible to members.
- Making sure that fitness equipment is maintained and fitness
floor meets or exceeds safety and functional standards.
- Completing all administrative tasks including, but not limited
to, scheduling pt sessions two weeks in advance, rescheduling all
canceled appointments and following session authorization
- Proficiency in the use of our POS and membership system,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Partnering with sales team to meet new members and prospects,
to review Needs Analysis and to present fitness services at
- Regularly partnering with Fitness Leader for direction,
coaching and feedback.
- Successfully navigating through basic IT platforms.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Hitting and exceeding all revenue, session and sales targets
reflecting a consistent month over month growth.
- Engaging with members, clients and peers through internal and
external prospecting activities.
- Working closely with clients, maintaining accountability by
keeping in contact with clients outside of training
- Delivering safe and effective fitness programs followed with
documented mid-program fitness assessments.
- Working with individual clients around their specific needs,
goals and schedules to prescribe a tailored fitness program to gain
the best results.
- Required to progress to a level 2 personal trainer in
accordance with TSI's production minimum policy within 90 days of
- Must meet and maintain monthly and quarterly production
minimums for specified PT professional job role.
Required Skills and Experience
- H.S, Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology,
Recreation or P.E. related field.
- Previous personal training experience not required, but if
available corporate gym setting preferred.
- Maintain active TSI approved Certified Personal Trainer
- Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 45 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of
clubs, climbing stairs (where applicable), repetitive squatting,
bending and lifting, restacking of weights, moving of equipment as
necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as
part of a personal fitness workout. The company reserves the right
to change them as business needs require and that jobs may require
other tasks as assigned to the employee by the company.
- Good technical (fitness programming) skills and time management
- Open schedule availability; including, but not limited to,
early or late shifts and weekends.
- For Level 1 Personal Trainers - minimum 16 hours of floor
availability per week during business needs.
- Each work week is comprised of the following: Training sessions
(off shift), Lead Generation, Business Management (administrative
duties, meetings, call drives, maintaining fitness floor
cleanliness), Fitness Orientations (minimum 2 per shift).
Keywords: Town Sports International Holdings Inc, White Plains , Personal Trainer, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!