Treasury Analyst (Capital Markets) - Analyst
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SMBC Capital Markets is an interest rates derivatives trading
company based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong
Kong. We are a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
(SMBC), one of the leading global banks in Japan.Our Capital
Markets (CM) business is an established derivatives dealer with a
broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates
and foreign exchange. We have been in operation for more than 30
years and we are a leading market-maker in several markets.
Our Capital Markets Treasury team is the centralized treasury
function within Capital Markets, and is responsible for the daily
funding and cash management needs of the firm for USD and FX. This
Treasury team manages our cash managements and deposits for all
products within the derivatives business. Cash products include,
Payments, Receivables, Liquidity Management, FX, Collateral,
Futures and Options Margining and other fees. This role will be
involved with executing strategic changes in cash management and
will be involved with cash projections, loan requirements,
intra-day liquidity and other reporting.
We are looking to hire a new Analyst for our White Plains, NY
- Assist in cash management of inter-company loans and
intra-company loans, accounting postings and other cash products.
Compile data related to USD Funding for Overnight Deposits and Term
Deposits. Confirm, input and execute USD and JPY Bank Loans,
including settlement confirmations and payment submissions.
- Responsible for initial calculations for FX Funding for all
major currencies for the business and validate through
correspondence between London branches. Distribute FX Cash
Requirements to London Treasury and submit for approval payments
via SWIFT. Review and submission of payments related to
Spot/Forward FX trades on funding with settlement
- Review cash projections of the firm and ensure proper balances
and buffers are maintained accurately. Assist in reporting of
intra-day liquidity and other cash management services based on
local regulatory guidelines.
- Work in parallel with London Treasury / Cash Operations and
SMBC Nikko Securities on loan requirements and cash needs for
multiple business lines. Review and submit for approval payments
- Responsible for trade input to record loan details across
- Review and report operational risks related to Treasury.
Responsible for the official controllers' reconciliation of cash
accounts related to primary funding accounts. Assist in maintaining
Treasury Policy and Procedures with NY Planning department.
- Review Loan requirements and other investments for cash (Term
- Other internal reporting to our Tokyo Head Office and within
our Americas division.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in Finance, Economics, Business or a
- At least 1-3 years (ideally up to 5 years) of relevant
experience in Banking & Financial Services, preferably in Treasury
- Basic understanding of risk attributes of cash and liquidity
- Excellent analytical skills, a good eye for details and
excellent time management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter who works well both indepedently and as
a team player.
- Adept at working and effectively collaborating with client,
operations and technology teams.
- Ability to problem-solve efficiently, deal with complexity, and
respond quickly to uncertainty in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel skills, including familiarity with macros / basic
- General experience in product management and understanding of
- Basic knowledge of money transfer processes, transactional
systems and applications.
- Basic knowledge of CHIPS, SWIFT and Fedwire networks.
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, White Plains , Treasury Analyst (Capital Markets) - Analyst, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!