Underwriter, Commercial Insurance Specialty
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and
casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides
commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal
accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life
insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is
distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad
distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength,
underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and
local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a skilled Core Commercial Multi Line
Underwriter to join its Middle Market Commercial Insurance practice
in White Plains, NY.
As an Underwriter, responsibilities will include managing a
renewal book of $7M - $8M and generating new business of
approximately $1-1.5M annually. The position will be responsible
for driving profitable growth with assigned agents and brokers
within the White Plains territory. Products include Package,
Property, General Liability, Auto, Worker's Compensation,
Umbrella/Excess and International. Programs are guaranteed cost and
Loss Sensitive structures. We are looking for a candidate who is
highly motivated, results oriented, with solid business and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Candidate will have experience in both Property & Casualty
lines of business. Familiarity with global programs is a plus.
- Underwriting duties will include developing and negotiating
price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and
renewals while actively identifying account rounding opportunities
for other Chubb practices.
- This position must collaborate with other underwriters,
operations, claims, marketing, and home office management as
necessary. The underwriter must implement and manage effective
pricing and rate strategies that will produce profitability, book
growth, and successful producer relations.
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical; must be able to
demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including
building, maintaining and managing producer and customer
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth within new and
existing production sources.
Knowledge of marketing principles, pricing/rate strategies and
how to apply them to attain underwriting profit.
- Candidate must possess a high degree of proficiency with the
underwriting process, with a solid background in risk
- Candidate must have ability to effectively interact with all
levels of customers and collaborate with a team of underwriters,
claims and loss control personnel.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance,
coverage, products and pricing strategies expected.
- 2 plus years of experience.
- Must have proven marketing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management
Keywords: Chubb, White Plains , Underwriter, Commercial Insurance Specialty, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!