Sourcing Specialist - Indirect Materials
Company: Carl Zeiss Vision
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Sourcing Specialist - Indirect Materials
White Plains, NY
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every
single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
Provide purchasing leadership for effective sourcing and
procurement of Indirect Material (NPM) for ZEISS U.S. entities
located throughout the United States and work in alignment with
strategies developed with Carl Zeiss AG Oberkochen Germany.
These responsibilities require strong peer and supplier
leadership skills to assure optimum quality, cost, and service are
provided by an aligned supply base to meet our stakeholder
requirements. Effectively works across and aligns multiple business
groups to monitor the performance of suppliers against contractual
standards and works with them to achieve improvements in costs and
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships and an active
network with other procurement leaders and colleagues from the
corresponding departments at each U.S. entity.
- Develop category strategies for Zeiss U.S. to provide the best
service and cost savings opportunity benefiting multiple
- Collaborate with NPM buyers in Carl Zeiss AG Oberkochen/
Germany to develop global strategies.
- Facilitate cross-organizational discussion to understand
business needs and achieve consensus and support for
- Effectively lead negotiations and manage supplier selection to
meet quality, service, and cost requirements.
- Initiates and monitors contract negotiations with suppliers for
- Manages and optimizes the supply network for assigned
- Implements ACS supplier management programs.
- Strives to optimally leverage suppliers' capabilities and cost
- Develop and manage strategic partner alliances if
- Reports monthly procurement KPI's.
- Collaborate in defining and implementing best in class for NPM
and service programs.
- Actively identify and seek out new opportunities to reduce cost
and increase optimization of existing processes (e.g. online
- Coordinate planning and optimization of cost contribution to
EBIT for assigned commodity categories according to corporate
- Initiates, coordinates, and monitors pooling opportunities and
- Initiate exchange for categories with BGs (e.g.
- Supports optimization of global procurement process efficiency,
methods, and tools used.
- Implements procurement policies and procedures, and sets
guidelines as necessary.
- Initiate and achieve targeted cost reduction programs.
- Perform data analysis of NPM spend to determine best cost
- Manage national programs and conduct RFPs as necessary for
- Travel (US Airlines, US Hotels, supporting rentals, reporting
to drive compliance to programmes)
- Office Supplies
- Packaging / packaging supplies
- MRO / Shop Supplies / Janitorial & Cleaning / lab supplies -
reduce costs by standardizing categories purchases in volumes
across the BGs, in collaboration with the BGs.
- Marketing (consolidation, optimization) including Print, Trade
Shows and Online Services
- Centralize / Standardize expense categories for spend
categories (e.g. marketing) and gain alignment/agreement from all
- Create user-friendly Training for BGs to drive compliance to
programs and support realization of savings by using tools
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or related
- Minimum of 5 years' experience purchasing, indirect buying,
negotiations and finance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead peer and supplier relationships
and to build an aligned strategy.
- Knowledgeable in or experienced in working with Marketing
(Trade Shows, Services, Print), Office Supplies, Travel, HR and/or
- Ability to analyze opportunities for cost improvement as well
as assess supplier performance (such as quality, cost, reliability,
ability to innovate, and financial stability).
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build effective working
relationships with stakeholders and supply partners and facilitate
cross-organizational discussions and drive consensus on category
- Strong negotiation skills with knowledge of law and
- Expertise in project management, procurement methods, and data
- Strong oral and written communication skills in business
English, additional languages beneficial
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales,
manufacturing, management personnel and business process
- Be comfortable acting as an agent of change and be able to keep
the "big picture" in focus, in order to create win-win
- Able to provide reporting on progress in multiple formats to
multiple leadership levels within the company
- Able and willing to travel within the US and
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further
development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge
and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a
special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl
Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your
application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social
origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual
orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
Keywords: Carl Zeiss Vision, White Plains , Sourcing Specialist - Indirect Materials, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!