Resilience Preparedness Program Manager
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Resilience Preparedness Program Manager works within
Business Services and leads resilience projects, working across
every business unit of the New York Power Authority (NYPA). The
Program Manager ensures that NYPA builds, implements, and maintains
the capabilities needed to prevent, prepare for, and respond to and
recover from any and all event hazards, whether man-made or
natural. This position supports efforts, as directed by the
Director of Resilience & Emerging Threats, within NYPA's resilience
portfolio which includes but is not limited to climate change
resilience, insider threat management, workforce resilience, and
other resilience programmatic elements including maturity
- Develops, implements, maintains, and manages resilience
policies and supporting procedures.
- Supports the Director of Resilience & Emerging Threats and acts
as a delegate in panels, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, providing leadership
and recommendations for the integration of programmatic strategies,
concepts, and processes to improve the protection, resilience, and
reliability of NYPA.
- Supports both internal and external NYPA program operations,
including working with the federal and state governments in
ensuring NYPA is following best practices, guidelines, and
standards to prepare for and adapt to threats and hazards.
- Monitors and determines what impacts various legislative,
regulatory, and presidential initiatives will have on NYPA's
resilience posture and recommends appropriate actions or changes to
programmatic elements to the Director of Resilience & Emerging
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of resilience program development,
maintenance, and evolution including best practices, frameworks,
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management
and across all business units.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional
teams, and to ensure ongoing maturity of resilience programs.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and
deliver high-quality results while under competing deadlines.
- Strong competencies in project management, change management,
and Microsoft applications.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and experience with
process mapping and continuous improvement.
- Ability to prepare and deliver clear and concise analysis that
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree in Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Science, or related field.
- Experience with climate change resilience, insider threat
management, workforce resilience, or other resilience programmatic
elements including maturity models required.
- 5+ years of experience working in the Energy Industry, or
- Demonstrated knowledge in at least two areas of the resilience
- Flexibility to work overtime, as needed, will be required.
- Valid US driver's license
- Ability to travel within NYS (up to 25%)
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Resilience Preparedness Program Manager, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!