Loan Operations Analyst
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) and its group
companies offer a broad range of financial services centered on
banking. They are also engaged in the leasing, securities, credit
card, investment, mortgage securitization, venture capital and
other credit related businesses. SMBC is seeking a US Corporate
Loan & Operations Analyst to support, guide and direct the team's
representatives and administrators. This is a tactical and
transactional role with a broad range of responsibilities that
requires a high degree of expertise, and frequently exercises
operating discretion within established parameters, in partnership
with more experienced staff.
- Trains and coaches staff; provides daily performance feedback
and technical expertise.
- Assists Associates to ensure loan servicing is accurate and
- Manages end-to-end work flow; prioritizes team tasks in
accordance with departmental objectives.
- Generates reports to monitor and track department activity;
verifies reports for data integrity.
- Manages and leads new business and product initiatives.
- Liaises with technology partners in the project management and
implementation of upgrades, maintenance, system testing or new
- Adheres to all applicable internal and external regulatory
policies and procedures.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises to ensure smooth
recovery of applications in the event of unplanned business
- Processes new drawdowns, paydowns, Letters of Credit (L/C)
activities and fees for syndicated and bilateral deals.
- Supports the Treasury Desk's daily requirement to accurately
manage its cash and funded positions for managed loan
- Ensures all past due principal, interest and fees are reported,
tracked, collected and/or reconciled.
- Troubleshoots loan related functional problems/issues and
resolves problems or escalates as appropriate.
- Advanced ability to interpret credit agreements and related
- Advanced understanding of all aspects of loan or deal
administration functions (including all aspects of funding).
- Functional experience managing processes and projects across
multiple business and technical areas.
- Customer focused team player with expert verbal, written and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to
set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance
organizational effectiveness. Ability to manage individually
assigned tasks while incorporating team duties and
- Keen ability to work with a diverse cultural organization
across the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor
progress towards goals and track activities.
- Ability to synthesize technical information, analyze risk and
identify mitigating factors.
- Detail oriented and an ability to complete work accurately
Work Experience: 3 to 5 years of comparable or relevant
Experience managing complex loan portfolios in financial
institution is preferred. Experience managing a team is
Education: BA / BS (or equivalent experience) Degree in Finance,
Accounting, Economics or comparable discipline is a plus.
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, White Plains , Loan Operations Analyst, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!