Business Development Manager
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Business Development Manager of ABM's Business & Industry
Division works within an assigned territory to develop new and
potential commercial and industrial accounts in need of facility
services: Janitorial, Facilities Engineering, and Parking
Management. The Business Development Manager secures meetings with
owners of 50,000+ sq. ft. facilities and consults on the advantages
of services offered by ABM Industries. In addition to janitorial,
engineering, and parking management, the Business Development
Manager cross-sells other services like HVAC, lighting, electrical,
turf & landscaping, critical mission, and more. After evaluating
the client's needs, it's time to create an effective proposal with
expert pricing and attention to details. The Business Development
Manager then creates and presents a tailored and dynamic sales
presentation featuring single and bundled solutions. All along you
will partner with an experienced team of operators you can trust
100% to fulfill your client's needs with superior results. You will
own the strategic selling process, resolve client issues and
concerns, and maintain strong client relationships.
- Develop and execute short and long-term sales plans, maintain
present sales, attract and connect with new prospects, create
proposals, respond to RFPs, and facilitate and close new
- Own the information base on prospective clients within the
- Use ABM branded marketing materials to create detailed,
customized, innovative, and lively proposals.
- Research a customer's existing facility solutions and programs
and schedule a bid walk of the facility with the prospect.
- Include operations teams in strategic & financial planning and
- Negotiate contracts, close the deal, and manage the transition
to operations to ensure the proposal commitments are
- Position yourself within your territory as a leader in your
field. Establish a diverse network of relationships that reflect
the ABM Way. Include people of influence within our industry, key
community partners, strategic partners, and prospective
- Maintain database for the territory using Salesforce.
- Effectively manage the assigned budget.
- Support the company's online and direct marketing
- Monitor bid schedules and understand the competition in the
- Assist in training in both formal and informal situations as
- Develop a network of skilled and informed operators. Partner
with them to ensure understanding of prospects, clients, and your
- Assist the corporation with competitive intelligence.
- 5+ years in Business Development and Sales.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Hunter mentality with services sales experience required.
- Facility services, janitorial, commercial real estate, or other
related field preferred.
- Relevant and immediate sales contacts preferred.
- Work well under pressure to meet established goals.
- Salesforce or other CRM & Excel preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a diverse work force,
collaborate with operations, other departments, and teams.
- Strength in writing and presenting compelling, detailed, sales
- Well organized and able to handle multiple proposals and
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Compensation: Competitive base salary and lucrative
commission/bonus structure, competitive benefits.
Keywords: ABM, White Plains , Business Development Manager, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!