ShopRite - Receiver
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while safely and
efficiently maintaining a neat, clean and organized warehouse. To
perform responsibilities that will ensure accurate receiving of all
deliveries to protect Company assets. To perform other tasks as
required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of these functions requires the Associate to possess
the minimum qualifications listed above. The essential functions of
this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor grocery storage area for cleanliness, neatness and
preparing for next shift (i.e. make bale, reclamation, plastic and
- Handle damaged or return to stock products according to Company
policy, with priority given to refrigerated, perishable items and
sell by date.
- Verify all invoices for accuracy involving cost, retail and
- Complete Wakefern report cards.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures relating to opening cartons, and
rotation of product.
- Utilize equipment as required by department.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise that weights 25 lbs.,
and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Grocery operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Grocery operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, White Plains , ShopRite - Receiver, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!