Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Settlement Analyst is responsible for the reconciliation and
timely processing of all New York Independent System Operator
(NYISO) charges for Load Serving Entity (LSE) customer billing and
NYISO generation & transmission revenues for NYPA's physical
assets. Financial Over-the-Counter (OTC) transactions are also
reconciled and confirmed with counterparts in this role. The
Analyst works closely with Market Forecasting Services, IT, and
other internal & external stakeholders to provide accurate data and
analytics related to market settlements, anomalies, reporting
requirements, business development initiatives & ad hoc
- Understand overall NYPA settlement process and, work with
members of the team as well as transaction platform support team,
implement procedures and software changes necessary to accommodate
changing business requirements and enhance existing workflows.
Develop and test contingency procedures.
- Assist in the reconciliation of, and provide physical and
financial transaction settlement data to, all relevant internal and
- Perform general NYISO electricity market settlement analysis
with a focus on cost allocation.
- Prepare daily and monthly invoice estimates, analysis, and
various other reports for Accounting and other internal & external
- Assist in providing support for various NYPA departments by
enhancing electronic interfaces/platforms to generate reports and
improve access to market settlement data.
- Develop a working knowledge of all relevant wholesale energy
contracts, tariffs and agreements to properly effectuate all
settlement calculations and provide support as a subject matter
expert for all customer and internal inquiries related to the
administration of such agreements.
- Gather data from all available sources to use in performing
anomaly/variance analysis and resolve all outstanding discrepancies
associated with the NYISO settlement and related market
- Stay current on changes to NYPA's customer base, energy supply
contracts, NYISO billing and accounting practices, and other
changes as identified by customers and NYPA departments.
- Heavy involvement with the Bid to Bill transitional project, a
key organizational initiative to migrate and automate all legacy
settlement processes into a centralized data hub.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of NYISO market
dynamics and the role NYPA and specifically Settlements has in
monitoring settlement activity.
- Understanding of non-physical transactions; swaps, derivatives,
- Ability to interpret complex contract and tariff language to
ensure strict adherence to established Settlement practices and
calculations for all customer groups and energy programs.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel with demonstrated
ability to use Pivot Tables, Tables and Database formulas is
required; basic VBA knowledge is preferred.
- Working knowledge of entire MS Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Visio &
- Working knowledge of the NYISO DSS, SDX, MV-90, BI, SAP.
- Ability to learn custom industry-specific transaction & risk
capture systems: (PowerOptix, Allegro).
- Knowledge of relational databases and writing SQL queries.
Functional knowledge of Tableau is preferred.
- Ability to propose solutions to a given problem, propose
strategies in response to a changing environment, prioritize work,
multi-task, and self-start.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to act autonomously and work with minimal
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance,
Accounting, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in a back/middle office
settlements or accounting role.
- Minimum 3 years experience within a Utility or Energy Merchant
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Settlement Analyst, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!