Lead Barista/Lead Cafe Server - Full-Time
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a Cafe Lead, you are responsible for providing exceptional
customer service in our caf through our cafe service standards. You
make the Cafe experience interactive and engaging by
enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and
services and meeting the needs of the customer. You assist in
supporting the management of the daily operations of the Cafe and
coaching and mentoring Cafe servers. You care about and value
people and exemplify our core values.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that ensures sales and
high levels of customer satisfaction. Execute on the cafe service
standards: offer a warm welcome, recommend add-ons, personalize the
customer's order, offer membership, and thank the customer.
- Assist the Cafe Manager in the daily operations of the
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, proactively
engaging them in conversations about our products, services, and
promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right
- Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with the Cafe
standards and health code Ensure exceptional product quality
- Drive sales by engaging all customers in our cafe and customer
sampling of Cafe products. Receive and appropriately store
deliveries of Cafe products.
- Complete prep sheets and waste logs and work with the manager
on duty (MOD) to verify paperwork and project completion.
- Maintain Cafe cleanliness by using the maintenance checklists
to delegate and follow up on tasks throughout the day.
- Mentor and help orient and train new Cafe servers, ensuring a
smooth acclimation to the Cafe and our culture.
- Assist with the execution and compliance of all operational and
visual merchandising standards in partnership with the Cafe
- Perform all opening and closing procedures and support tasks in
accordance with Cafe standards. Protect Company assets by ensuring
the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including
cashiering and inventory standards, waste logs monitoring, sample
recording, coupon redemption and discount and return policies.
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- Passion for selling
- Strong organizational and written/verbal communication
- Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires
physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending,
- Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and
holidays to align with store needs
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc., White Plains , Lead Barista/Lead Cafe Server - Full-Time, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!