Director Data Governance & Quality
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Director, Data Governance, Quality & Analytics is an
exciting role to help facilitate key activity associated with IT
providing data solutions throughout NYPA to achieve its VISION2030
Strategy and goals. The right individual will be share our passion
of digital technology, transformation, and enjoy working in a
dynamic and agile environment based on high collaboration
This role provides business users with high-quality data that is
easily accessible. The main function of the Director is to develop,
organize and coordinate all data programs throughout the
organization to ensure data is leveraged as an asset to deliver
The leader will collaborate with business and functional
leaders, advance data governance, and help lead NYPA to become a
truly insight driven organization. The role will also define and
develop NYPA's ability to use data as a strategic asset and support
analytics solutions that enhance organizational, strategic and
operational planning, decision making and performance
- Provide strategic direction and management of the planning,
development, and implementation of various projects and initiatives
in support of the enterprise data governance office and data
- Translate strategies and requirements from the business into
analytics opportunities to be evaluated and prioritized.
- Perform data quality education throughout the enterprise and be
the advocate to ensure data quality is incorporated into projects
as well as the overall NYPA operations.
- Provide guidance to the data engineers, data scientists and
other advanced analytics resources on solution design, development,
delivery, and maintenance.
- Articulate the value proposition and business case for
analytics solutions as well as modernizing enterprise data and
- Provide technical expertise on analytics solution design,
development and delivery to stakeholders.
- Augment and execute the data quality to ensure achievable and
measurable milestones are mapped out for delivery and are
- Prepare communications and lead interactions with internal and
- Create and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and
manage data remediation efforts across the organization.
- Support socialization of the data program across all executive
- Drive the utilization of data and analytics throughout the
- Drive stakeholder relationships by aligning business and
- Make recommendations and inspire change across multiple levels
of the organization, from individual engineers and program managers
to business unit leaders.
- Hire, develop, and mentor analytics talent.
- Manage teams of diverse backgrounds, skill sets and
- This position has the potential to have a direct role in
emergency preparedness, incident management or response and as such
will require training in the National Incident Management System
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad understanding of a variety of analytical processes
including but not limited to data governance, quality and
- Prior experience building and managing teams of advanced data
modelers, data architects, data scientists, etc.
- Experience consuming large data sets from multiple sources and
implementing visualization capabilities leveraging mainstream,
commercial software platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of exploring, implementing, and deploying
advanced capabilities, including cognitive technology, ML/AI,
automation, and digital user engagement techniques.
- Experience with technologies such as: Python, R, Microsoft
Azure, AWS, Tableau.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, IT application
technologies and frameworks.
- Firm understanding of Operational Technology (OT) and
industrial control systems.
- Sound knowledge of performance evaluation and change management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high
attention to detail.
- Must be results-driven and have a can-do attitude to ensure
that the team is motivated and successful.
- Experience creating and managing an analytics
Education, Experience and Certifications
- 10+ years of data governance, data management and data analytic
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering
or related field. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus, but not
- 8+ years experience in Data Quality related leadership
- 8+ years experience in content-centric/data-centric roles.
- 5+ years experience in Data Quality tools.
- Expertise in data quality value, processes, approach and
- Strong experience in data related activities (data governance,
metadata, data management, data standards, data structures, data
aggregation, and business requirement).
- Must have project management experience, with the ability to
keep your team engaged and on task.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Director Data Governance & Quality, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!