Director Emerging Risk & Resiliency
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Director Emerging Risk & Resiliency is responsible for
managing implementation, operations, maintenance and testing of the
NYPA's and the Canal Corporation's (Enterprise) Enterprise
Resilience and Business Continuity programs. The position will
coordinate all activities necessary to enable the Enterprise to
identify, anticipate, respond, and bounce back from a wide range of
risks. It will drive resilience strategies across all business
units (BU), gain executive management support and buy-in from key
partners and stakeholders. The role is heavily orientated around
strategic planning, awareness, and partnership/relationship
building and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the
enterprise resilience program at the direction of and in support of
the Chief Risk Officer on risk identification, analysis and
mitigation; and more generally across the Enterprise to raise
awareness and advance a resilience policy and posture for the
Direct and oversee the development of Enterprise Resilience (ER)
program strategy, planning, and goals:
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of ER programs, processes, and
- Develop and mature ER program goals, objectives, priorities,
and initiatives that align with the corporate vision and strategic
- Oversee the development and collection of ER metrics that
measure program maturity.
Direct and oversee the execution of all ER activities, including
risk identification, mitigation projects, change management, and
education and awareness efforts:
- Lead the design, development, execution and maintenance of the
processes that anticipate and identify risks, threats and
vulnerabilities that could impact the Enterprise's operations,
financial status, regulatory compliance and reputation.
- Continuously monitor and assess public policy, global
development, industry, and workplace trends/risks; utilize
assessment to consider potential impact of these trends or other
current events at the Enterprise.
- Liaise with key business units and site teams to identify gaps
and convey business needs/expectations
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to facilitate "early
warning" of risks or issues.
- Engage in the "challenger" role to evaluate existing
strategies, identify existing process and procedural gaps, and
recommend areas for improvement to mitigate risk.
Work with all business units and sites to develop and champion
an enterprise-wide ER program:
- Partner with BU leadership across the Enterprise to implement
strategic objectives with significant impact on the resilience for
each functional area of the Enterprise.
- Direct activities in the design, development, implementation,
maintenance and testing of resilience functions for each functional
area of the Enterprise.
- Oversee the development of Enterprise-wide ER education and
awareness efforts to integrate ER into its culture.
Build relationships with business unit and site management,
including C-level executives, and maintain visibility across the
Enterprise as a value-add contributor and knowledgeable resource
- Regularly present on resilience issues to the Enterprise Risk
Management Committee and Executive Management Committee.
- Partner with BU and corporate function stakeholders to ensure
strong participation in resilience efforts, including reviewing the
program roadmap, key risks to resilience, and metrics.
- Provide support, guidance and thought leadership on leading
- Provide support to SVP Enterprise Resilience at key Governance
and Executive committees.
Oversee the Business Continuity (BC) Program:
- Oversee the execution of the Enterprise BC program, including
planning, implementation, and maintenance.
Build and lead ER team:
- Oversee the overall performance and development of ER
- Oversee the training of business units and site ER staff
- Facilitate regular discussions around enterprise resilience
developments, practices, and news.
Maintain enterprise resilience currency and oversee development
ER knowledge management strategy:
- Maintain knowledge of external ER developments, certifications,
programs, leading practices.
- Maintain knowledge of emergent risks, monitor external factors,
and track industry trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise/business resilience
planning techniques, risk analysis, business continuity, and
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries
and influence others
- Change management skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with senior
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a great degree of
Education, Experience and Certifications
- 7+ years working in an organization's risk, or
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Director Emerging Risk & Resiliency, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!