Energy Market Analyst
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 4, 2021
The Energy Market Analyst provides analytical support to the
(Senior) Director Market Analysis and Hedging (MA&H) and the
Portfolio Hedging team.
This position supports the development of forward hedging
strategies and provides the needed forecast input for the next four
- Assist in the development of power price forecasts for NYISO
zones and buses of interest.
- Monitor prices and market development for energy, capacity,
ancillary, renewable and fuel.
- Conduct generation dispatch, revenue forecast analyses and
capacity forecasts for NYPA's major generators for the current year
plus four additional years.
- Assist senior members of the team in formulating hedging
strategy, presenting to Customers/Portfolio Managers and executing
hedges for energy/capacity/renewable.
- Assist senior members of the team in managing the Customer
portfolio, e.g. expand services provided to the Customers,
prepare/consolidate monthly Customer portfolio materials and
present when needed, etc.
- Assist senior members of the team in the execution of hedges,
e.g. develop new trading counter parties, trade entry into Allegro,
reconcile brokerage invoices against hedges and approve payments,
- Provide ad hoc support to the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong math, analytic & statistical skills.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and database programming and
querying using SQL, MS Access, VBA, SAS and Oracle.
- Introductory level knowledge of capacity, energy ancillary or
fuel markets preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Allegro or Ascend PowerSimm, preferred.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Statistics, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an analytical field with at
least 1 year of experience in the electric utility industry
Limited travel (about 10%) required primarily to our generating
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Energy Market Analyst, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!