Asset Protection Supervisor, White Plains - Full Time
Company: Macy's, Inc.
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and
our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
"Academy" for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and
inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results.
Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader,
you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward.
With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store
management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
As a Store Manager, you will drive sales and selling with focus
on the Macy's customer using My Macy's Initiatives, Omni Channel
Strategies and MAGIC. All storewide activities related to
selling/service, merchandising, sales promotion, store maintenance,
expense management, shortage prevention and sales support functions
are under your direction. With training, coaching and development,
a team of Executives will grow following your leadership. Perform
other duties as assigned
- Drive sales by driving a customer centric selling culture
through My Macy's Initiatives, Omni Channel Strategies and
- Develop team of executives through coaching, follow-up and
- Ensure Executive team adheres to Black Box Report process;
support action plans focusing on deficient areas.
- Determine business-driving opportunities by leading and
participating in store-focused Deep Dives.
- Effectively communicate merchandise needs to District Merchant
and Planning team in support of My Macy's.
- Ensure consistent execution of merchandise presentation, sales
and event set-up, sizing, pricing and signing standards.
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among
- Coach Executive team to deliver Associate Star Reward
application goals by reinforcing new account benefits.
- Provide leadership in delivery of all Company initiatives;
clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team.
- Establish high-level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Coach Associates and Executives to consistently deliver selling
behaviors resulting in high CRL engagement rate.
- Coach Sales Managers to actively coach their Associates using
the weekly Associate Scorecard metrics (Volume, IPT, AS, Loyalty)
and engaging with Associates through formal & informal observations
by focusing on selling behaviors.
- Review and utilize all scorecards, including Selling Area
Scorecard, and Associate observations; provide constructive
feedback to Sales Managers and identify areas of opportunity.
- Celebrate and recognize selling successes; coach store team to
continually improve selling performance.
- Ensure "Executive in Charge" (EIC) presence throughout the
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean,
neat and easy-to-shop store environment.
- Recruit a qualified team of selling-focused Executives; build a
bench for future advancements and promotions. Ensure required
Associate & Executive training is conducted on a timely basis;
ensure assigned mentors engage with new hires.
- Build a recognition culture by executing the Macy's recognition
program with energizing, engaging storewide rallies.
- Actively fill open positions, prioritizing internal Associates
in Commission, Specialist and High Level selling areas.
- Hold Sales Managers accountable for conducting weekly coaching
sessions with Sales Associates.
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of Associates and Executives;
establish career progression plans for key players and positions in
order to match best talent resulting in retention of best people
and turnover reduction.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Executive talent
development, promotion and advancement.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis;
administer Responsibility Based Performance as needed.
- Lead team to support giving back to the local community,
helping create stronger, healthier places to live and work.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years direct experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal
and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Macy's, Inc., White Plains , Asset Protection Supervisor, White Plains - Full Time, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!