Money Market Analyst
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 3, 2021
The Money Market unit is a part of the Treasury Operations group
within BCDAD and is responsible for the processing of all
settlements, confirmations, payments and reconciliations of money
market products for the New York and Cayman branch.
The Analyst is responsible for managing the workflow and
approving the work of the Money Market Administrators and
Representatives. This is a tactical and transactional role whose
primary focus is on day-to-day operational execution. Verifies and
checks employee processing activities and ensures trade
confirmations are completed. May act as an SME and assist with
training and cross-training of operations administrators. Acts as
2nd level point of escalation for inquiries from the internal and
external parties and resolves complex matters.
- Manages end-to-end work flow; prioritizes and aligns tasks in
accordance with departmental objectives.
- Ensures all customer and bank guidelines, policies, and
procedures are followed as they relate to operations.
- Assists staff to ensure transaction processing is approved and
accurate; adopts best practices by partnering with other
transaction processing teams.
- Reviews and authorizes reconciliations and the release of
- Researches , investigates and resolves settlement and payment
- Generates daily weekly and quarterly statistical reports for
- Identifies and escalates issues that may impact service.
- Participates in system and process projects (i.e., internal
audits, technology upgrades and implementations).
- Knowledge of departmental PPM and Guidelines for New York
branch and Cayman branch deposits.
- Knowledge of money markets and treasury markets, the
confirmation and settlement process.
- Knowledge of payments structure through various settlement
- Operational knowledge of the applications that support back
office operations (i.e., OBS, MONTRAN, Comfort, etc..).
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor
staff progress towards goals, and track activities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- A strong sense of urgency and accountability, with exceptional
time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with various internal
departments across the organization.
- A high degree of attention to detail, and an ability to
complete work in a timely manner, against strict deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability to ensure
deliverables are completed correctly and timely.
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, White Plains , Money Market Analyst, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!