MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Develop and implement organization's annual fundraising plan
in partnership with Executive Director.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to
ensure that the organization's revenue meets its annual funding
objectives and broadens its donor base through: individual and
major donor recruitment and retention, corporate giving, planned
giving, digital fundraising, and in-person and virtual events
* Refine, continuously improve, and execute a short-, medium-,
and long-term strategic development plan
* Establish benchmarks for progress and success; monitor results
against revenue goals.
* Oversee the annual appeal direct mail campaign and donor
* Oversee and ensure accuracy of all aspects of data management
systems and acknowledgement process.
* Conduct prospect and donor research.
* Develop strategy for special events, board giving, and other
* Oversee the development communications materials.
* Lead the Strategic Development Committee of the board.
* Work directly with development personnel; work collaboratively
with business operations and program staff.
* Align the organization with industry best practices for donor
prospecting, meeting tracking, and contact management
* Promulgate an institution-wide culture of philanthropy.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as a development and
· Strong management and supervisory skills
· Proven track record in soliciting and closing major,
corporate, and individual gifts
· Experience with development strategy, creating and
implementing fundraising events, capital campaigns, legacy and
planned gift programs
· Experience managing a direct mail program
· Ability to work on multiple tasks with rigorous attention to
detail and ability to prioritize
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Experience with donor databases, data analysis and prospect
· Capacity to work successfully with colleagues, board members
· Ability to delicately navigate soliciting members and growing
current donor giving
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
· Ability to maintain detailed records and files
· Ability to prepare correspondence and reports
· Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Familiarity with computer applications (Word, Excel,
· Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
This renowned organization focuses on supporting cancer patients
and their families through activity and community caring.
Competitive compensation and benefits package