Material Support Lead
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Flexjet is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our
Material Services team as the Material Support Lead based in our
White Plains, NY (HPN) facility. Overall, this position ensures
consistent policy and oversight for the cost effective management
and optimum performance of all Stores activities, in support of
Maintenance Operations. Functions include Maintaining Accurate
Inventory, Controlling and managing all Standard Operating
Procedures as they relate to shipping, receiving, reporting,
Inventory Planning and Management, Materials Information Systems,
Warehousing and Logistics, Fleet Provisioning, and orderly
disposition of Surplus Material. The Material Support Lead reports
directly to the Manager Line Stores. Responsibilities DUTIES &
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of line stores facility.
- Successfully manage the day-to-day operations in a manner
consistent with the operating vision, develop effective policies
and procedures, and balance inventory levels while achieving high
service expectations with minimal inventory investment.
- Oversee Material Line Stores function to insure that all
immediate stocking, issuing, requisitioning of a component, in a
cost effective manner while meeting operational objectives.
- Determine material requirements to meet corporate objectives by
planning for future requirements including all scheduled
maintenance events and S/B incorporation.
- Oversee the core return process to insure that all components
are returned to avoid financial penalty.
- Direct oversight of all material assets to insure adequate
controls are in place to protect the $55MIL inventory
- Partnering with Procurement to introduce new procurement
agreements and component repair strategies to reduce material and
service costs while maintaining quality and support.
- Oversee the repair process of sending corporate owned assets to
- Establish necessary procedures to enhance the Material
- Develop analytical tools to support supply chain policies and
procedures. Champion software solutions to drive efficiencies.
- Oversee the expediting effort of all materials in support of
line operating aircraft with a cost effective logistics network and
warehouse configuration working closely with the Manager Material
- Review and participate in manufacturer's provisioning issues
- Develop and oversee the surplus/excess material strategy.
- Perform managerial responsibilities and recommend related
actions, i.e. Hire/fire, disciplinary actions, Performance
Evaluations, training and certifications, work assignments, and
- Ensure compliance with Hazmat updates, training and
recertification of Materials Employees
- Perform related duties as required. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Aviation Management, or
related discipline preferred; Master's degree in Aviation
Management, Industrial Engineering, or related a plus, or a
combination of Education and Experience.
- Ten years related experience and/or training, preferably in the
Aerospace/Aviation/Airline industry, with knowledge of fractional
jet operations a plus or equivalent combination of education and
experience, APIC certification desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) in
regard to Part 91, 121 or 135 airline operations required.
- Knowledge of Inventory Accounting and other Material
Management/Supply Chain financial principals desired.
- Knowledge of value analysis techniques a plus. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who
works effectively under pressure and time constraints with the
ability to multi-task and lead within a team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills,
professionalism, and fanatical attention to detail.
- Required to meet deadlines, must be comfortable prioritizing
tasks, and demonstrate flexibility, display a strong work ethic,
and sense of urgency.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows
and MS Office programs.
- Must be well organized and able to obtain a high level of
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends and overtime
as required. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: FlexJet, White Plains , Material Support Lead, Other , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!