SMBC Group is a member of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
— To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money
laundering activities, federal law requires all financial
institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that
identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for
you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address,
date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify
you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other
Posting Date 2 months ago (5/12/2020 8:59 PM)
Career Category Credit Review
Position ID 2020 - 0252
Corporate Title DIR
Overview The Credit Review Department (CRVD) is adding a
Strategy Planning Director to the team in our White Plains Office.
As a Team Lead in Strategy Planning Section, responsible for
overall strategic planning including project management, regular &
ad-hoc reporting to the Board, regulatory communications, industry
matters research, quality assurance and necessary contingent plans
etc together with over-sighting team's daily operation.
Responsibilities - Ensure credit review activities are in
compliance with the related governance documents, such as review
cycle, minimum coverage, sampling methodology, risk assessment
methodology, issue management
- Coordinate risk assessments, develop annual plan and
reassess the plan if any subsequent changes are warranted due to
- Monitor progress of completion of annual plan, including
quarterly monitoring events
- Escalate/report the results and issues as required to
management of credit review, HO, committee, regulators etc.
- Provides oversight for the records management process
- Provides senior management a high level reports highlighting
the overall credit quality of the portfolio and recommends
adjustments as appropriate.
- Contributes to reinforce team's capability and to build-up
strong & sustainable organization.
Qualifications - Demonstrated ability to multi-task acting as a
project management and to initiate/escalate tactical reports to
management, HO, committee etc. as required.
- Experience in the interpretation of communication from
regulators and making presentations to regulators
- Experience in evaluating portfolio credit risk and execution
of credit review plan, including a risk-based examination budget &
schedule, credit review examination procedures, sampling
methodologies, evaluation of continuous monitoring results, and
analysis of emerging issues to evaluate risk in credit
- Proven ability to lead teams and develop staff
- Credit review of regulated banks in US
- Project management including regulatory liaisons etc.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and report writing skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability