Assistant General Counsel, Life Sciences
Company: FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Assistant General Counsel, Life Sciences
Company (Portal Searching)
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
We are hiring an Assistant General Counsel to serve as the lead
managing attorney for our rapidly expanding and innovative life
sciences division companies. The Assistant General Counsel,
reporting to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, will be
an accomplished lawyer in the life sciences, regulatory compliance
and transactional arenas. This senior managing attorney will be the
senior legal resource and partner for the FUJIFILM North America
life sciences subsidiaries. The right candidate will be excited to
join a growing company with a diverse portfolio of businesses and
serve as a leader in the legal department and the Company at large.
This role will work closely with members of the executive
leadership team and business colleagues, on legal issues affecting
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation and its subsidiaries.
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding company for
North American based FUJIFILM companies operating in many states
across the US, as well as in Canada, Brazil and Colombia and
engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service
of FUJIFILM products. The company serves a broad spectrum of
industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences,
electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, broadcast,
- Generally, manages all legal affairs
of the FUJIFILM life sciences and pharmaceutical businesses.
- Sets the strategic agenda and manages the workload for the life
sciences legal team.
- Works with global counterparts on best-in-class practices for
legal and compliance support of the life sciences businesses.
- Advises, counsels and reports to management on all types of
legal and regulatory risks impacting the life science/pharma
companies, including FDA regulations and submissions, Fraud and
Abuse laws and regulations and Physician Payment Sunshine Act.
- Provide guidance on FDA promotional labeling requirements,
including review of marketing and advertising materials, company
presentations and press releases. When necessary, collaborate with
- Supporting the life sciences/pharma businesses with FDA
submissions, reports, communications with the FDA or other
regulatory authorities and product recalls.
- Works with outside counsel and dedicated attorney resources on
regular basis to manage and review large volume of contracts,
including customer and vendor agreements, as well as litigation and
other specialized matters.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates strategic and complex contracts
for certain subsidiary businesses.
- Performs general corporate and litigation and pre-litigation
work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Provide training to HLUS and its life sciences subsidiary
companies on substantive legal topics, including FDA marketing and
advertising regulations and other regulations specific to Life
Science/Pharma companies, such as Physician Payment Sunshine Act
- Keeps abreast of legislative changes that may affect the
company and its affiliates.
- Partnering with the General Counsel and other legal team
leaders to strengthen the legal department, and support the ongoing
legal affairs of the Company.
- Participates in the development and management of legal budget
and other aspects of legal department management. Required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in corporate law firm and/or
in-house legal department.
- Significant experience representing life sciences and/or
pharmaceutical companies, handling legal and regulatory
requirements, including FDA submissions, product recalls, and other
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal
- Impeccable legal and business judgment, and strong leadership
and management skills with a proven track record of leading and
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills in complex
transactions in highly-regulated industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and
interpersonal skills, especially in a remote-first
- Adept at collaborating (business partnering) across divisions,
functions, and geography, with a skill for engaging colleagues at
all levels in projects and processes while continuing to own and
- College degree and juris doctorate from accredited law school.
Academic honors preferred.
- Licensed to practice law in good standing under the Bar of at
least one state. Salary and Benefits:
- $215,000 depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off EEO/AGENCY NOTES Fujifilm is an equal opportunity
employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability
(mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and
medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran
status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious
creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law. To all agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about
this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment
agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in
any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of
Fujifilm, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged
by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with
Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted
outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee
or payment of any kind will be paid. *#LI-Remote
Keywords: FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, White Plains , Assistant General Counsel, Life Sciences, Legal , Valhalla, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!