Company: Kaufman Dolowich Voluck
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP, a growing national law firm,
dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our
clients, is seeking candidates for a Legal Assistant position based
out of its White Plains office.
The Legal Assistant will provide support to assigned attorneys and
provide backup to other attorneys as requested. This individual is
responsible to assist with administrative tasks as it relates to
the specific office and attorneys in order to contribute to
efficient office operations. This position requires strict
* Prepares, edits and proofreads a variety of documents
(correspondence, agreements and pleadings).
* Manages and assists complex document production (including Bates
* Drafts simple pleadings and correspondence.
* Prepares court filings (make copies for filing, service copies,
prepare attorney service order slip).
* Files documents with various courts (traditional and
* Prepares documents for mandatory e-filing for State and Federal
courts (create pdf file; convert pdf file to a searchable document;
bookmark all exhibits).
* Creates Table of Contents and Table of Authorities utilizing
tables function in Word and create them with accuracy.
* E-filing in Federal courts and Court of Appeals.
* Prepares/finalizes discovery (propounded and/or responses).
* Prepares shell responses to propounded discovery accurately and
* Communicates with court staff regarding various issues.
* Handles outgoing and incoming mail/FedEx for assigned attorneys
(calendar any related deadlines, court appearances, meetings,
* Maintains calendars to include coordination and scheduling
meetings, depositions, conference calls, send calendar invites and
reminders, reserve conference rooms. Track deadlines and status of
cases/matters, and update attorneys on court deadlines.
* Prepares Trial Memorandum and calendar all
* Schedules local and out-of-town depositions; schedules conference
rooms (in office and remotely), coordinates court
* Coordinates Mediation dates.
* Scans and uploads documents to NetDocs.
* Assists with trial preparation: create trial notebooks;
coordinates trial copy jobs with copy service; coordinates delivery
and picks up of trial notebooks, etc. from court.
* Creates Masters for new files (Case Information Sheet, Caption,
Proof of Service, Letter to Carrier and Client, and Letter to
* Answers telephones taking detailed messages. At request of
attorneys, provide follow up and interact with clients, outside
counsel and others.
* Assists with Overflow Keep up with court/judge's rules and filing
* Other duties, as needed, to support KDV and office
* Minimum of 1 Year experience preferred.
* Exceptional organization skills.
* Excellent writing and communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
* Teamwork oriented.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
* Knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
* Ability to analyze legal documents and ensure accuracy.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
* Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion with limited guidance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
at KDV without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national
origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity
or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran,
marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by
law. KDV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Kaufman Dolowich Voluck, White Plains , Legal Assistant, Legal , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!