Field Service Engineer - XRM + SEM
Company: Carl Zeiss Microscopy LLC
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 20, 2020
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - XRM + SEM
NY, NJ, PA
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every
single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
The Field Service Engineer Level 1 is an entry level field service
position requiring a strong background in electronics and
mechanics. Success in this role requires a strong dedication to
learning and the rapid absorption of training material as a high
percentage of their time will be spent in technical training
courses both domestic and international. Learning of basic
application principles is also a requirement to provide technical
service. When not in classroom training the Level 1 FSE will be
engaged in on-the-job- training, working closely with, and
assisting higher level FSEs in a customer environment. This is a
customer-facing role and therefore strong interpersonal skills and
an ability to communicate effectively are required to be
successful. Excellent time management skills are a must in order to
be a successful Field Service Engineer. As the training progresses
the Level 1 FSE will be assigned basic task and service orders to
complete on their own.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
* Successful completion of all assigned technical training to
acquire a thorough knowledge of assigned company equipment. This
includes completing all required pre-reading assignments before all
classroom courses, independently studying all materials and passing
the courses to the satisfaction of the instructors.
* Demonstrate, in the field, that the technical concepts learned in
the classroom trainings and OJT can be applied to a high
* Learn and demonstrate the ability to use all required
administrative applications for service order management, spare
parts/inventory management, time reporting, expense reporting,
* Engage as an active participant in all on-the-job-training (OJT);
listening carefully, taking notes, asking questions, assisting when
asked and absorbing the content fully.
* Completion of the CONTact Training and the application in
practice of the principles, concepts and teachings of the
* Assist other FSEs with tasks such as service order management or
inventory management as requested by the Regional Field Service
* Under supervision and following established protocols, provide a
full range of installation services and preventive and corrective
maintenance, on the assigned set of systems manufactured by ZEISS
* Conduct special site or system environmental analysis tests as
assigned by management.
* Using established guidelines, train customers on basic system
operation and maintenance.
* Properly care for all ZEISS tools and assets as may be made
available during the execution of assigned responsibilities.
* Actively engages in personal development (leverages the content
available on the ZEISS CurioZ online training portal, as well as
self-inspired development of knowledge as it relates to the
* Responsible for your personal safety when visiting labs and
institutions by understanding the basics of lab behavior and an
awareness of risks
* Respect, live and share with internal and external customers, the
* Other duties as assigned by manager
* 4-year degree or technical certificate in technical/scientific
discipline, related military electronics experience or an
equivalent combination of training and experience such as 3+ years
direct experience building, maintaining, installing, and/or
repairing similarly complex automated electromechanical
* Sound knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Safety
requirements for BSL 1, 2, and 3 environments, as well as specimen
handling of Level 3 (and below) pathogenic biohazards (e.g.,
bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and prions)
* Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems in software,
electronics, optics and electron optics, high voltage, high vacuum,
mechanical, and electro-mechanical systems
* Knowledge of Windows operating environments and word processing
and or email applications. Familiarity with databases or CRM
Systems a plus.
* Ability to read and understand electrical or mechanical
engineering documentation and schematics.
* Proven ability to work successfully as an individual contributor
or as part of a team.
* Good communication skills, able to converse readily in English,
both verbally and in writing. (German a plus.)
* Good administrative and time management skills
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further
development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge
and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a
special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl
Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your
application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social
origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual
orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes..
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer
Keywords: Carl Zeiss Microscopy LLC, White Plains , Field Service Engineer - XRM + SEM, IT / Software / Systems , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!