Company: Bowlero Corp
Location: White Plains
Posted on: July 25, 2022
SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and other
workers engaged in preparing and cooking foodstuffs. Reports to the
Chef and assumes responsibility for the kitchen in absence of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
* Adheres to and embraces company Food & Beverage mandated menu and
* In the absence of the Chef, plans, supervises and executes all
banquet functions in conjunction with the operations and sales
staff including supervision of the preparation and service of food
and refreshments, as well as clean-up.
* Estimates food consumption and assists with making purchases as
appropriate from the company-specified food program.
* Partners with Chef or General Manager to address and resolve
disciplinary issues as appropriate.
* Fosters a team work environment.
* In the absence of the Chef, supervises cooks and oversees the
preparation, portioning, garnishing and storage of food.
* Assists in cooking and preparing food as necessary.
* Maintains kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary
* Ensures that product quality, freshness and presentation always
meet company standards.
* Assists Chef with managing all kitchen equipment maintenance as
well as local Department of Health (DOH) regulations by conducting
sanitation audits. Reports critical issues to General Manager.
* Proactively ensures that a clean, safe environment is maintained
at all times.
* Must be able to coordinate staff and resources in a high volume
* Must become certified in the company specified alcohol service
program within 14 days of employment and the company specified food
safety program within 30 days of employment.
* Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays, as well
as, extended workdays to support business needs.
* Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead Cook(s), Cook(s), Dishwasher(s),
QUALIFICATIONS: Sous Chefs possess a highly developed sense of
customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity,
respect for all individuals (customers, vendors, and employees),
solid communication skills, strong critical and analytical thinking
skills, and appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender,
etc.). Thorough working knowledge of POS register systems;
experience utilizing word-processing, spreadsheets, inventory,
internet and related PC based systems. Basic business math and
accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making
Sous Chefs must be strong team players and people developers,
possess a high level of profit and loss capability, and strong
organizational skills and attention to detail.
Current ServSafe certification required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1- 3 years of kitchen
supervisory experience in high-volume retail, entertainment,
hospitality, or restaurant venue is required. Experience preparing
catered events and presenting foods for special events desirable.
Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and
experience is also acceptable.
Keywords: Bowlero Corp, White Plains , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!