Company: H&R Block
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 23, 2020
What you'll do... At H&R Block, your contributions will go
far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add
to the momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an
industry and is now leading its transformation. As a Tax
Accountant, you'll serve an integral part of a centralized team of
tax preparers providing tax preparation and review services to
clients who've begun their individual tax returns. Day to day,
- Preparing tax statements, financial statements and BAS
statements at required intervals
- Creating and returning statements and documents to clients by
- Preparing business income tax returns and statements for
- Assisting in financial planning
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements
- Identifying areas where clients and businesses can reduce tax,
make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory
- Understanding financial landscape and market trends
- Responsibilities could pertain to any area of accounting, such
as: general ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to
accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities,
and equity. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and
other reports to summarize current and projected SBU or Support
department financial position and results.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end analysis of
accounts for assigned lines of business. Validate the accuracy of
data from subsystems.
- Process subsystems or subsidiary interfaces. Validate the
accuracy of the interfaced data. Perform follow up and resolution
of determined issues.
- May be responsible for auditing contracts, orders and vouchers.
Prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to
- Participate in the development, improvement, and implementation
of accounting procedures. Assist in gathering accounting
requirements from SBUs and Support departments and determining
changes to existing programs or new programs.
- Engaging regularly with clients and maintaining strong
- To also serve as supervisor for bookkeeping staff. About
H&R Block... We're here to live our purpose to provide help and
inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We
take our work personally, because we know what it represents:
Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives. We've been true to that
purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company
in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax
offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you
join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking
company one that defined an industry and is now leading its
transformation. What you'll bring to the team... What you'll bring
to the team
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer
system, Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization skills; ability to
work independently and handle multiple tasks/projects
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written
- Intermediate (practical application) Knowledge of integrated
online accounting applications
- Intermediate (practical application) Knowledge of Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles
- 5 years Minimum related work experience #hrbjob
Keywords: H&R Block, White Plains , Tax Accountant, Hospitality & Tourism , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!