Physician Assistant PA NP- Critical Care job-full time & per diem, 25
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Critical Care/Trauma opening in White Plains, New York. HEADER :
Physician Assistant- PA - Critical Care job at White Plains
Hospital- 25 miles from Manhattan Job Description JOB TITLE :
Physician Assistant- PA- Critical Care Full Time : 12.5 hours x 3
shifts Part Time : 12.5 hours x2 shifts Per Diem : 2 to 3 shifts
varied ( weekdays, weeknights or weekends) All shifts include days,
nights and some weekends. White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading
award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in
White Plains, Westchester NY, is looking for NY licensed Physician
Assistant (PA) - Critical Care PA- CRITICAL CARE JOB SUMMARY The
Physician Assistant position is responsible for practicing
medicine, including surgical services, and managing all aspects of
in-patient medical care under the appropriate physician supervision
as defined by New York State law. Within physician-physician
assistant relationship, Physician Assistants exercise autonomy in
medical decision making a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic
services. May include responsibilities involved with education,
research, and administrative services. PA- CRITICAL CARE JOB
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and
interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses.
Consult with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more
complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a
PA's Scope of Practice.
- Facilitating care and management of patients admitted to the
- Consultation for potential ICU candidates from the ER, floor,
or post-operative patients.
- Round on ICU/CCU inpatients and facilitate the appropriate
- Multi-disciplinary bedside rounds on each patient with the
intensivist(s), nurse manager(s), bed-side nurse for each patient,
clinical pharmacist, respiratory therapist, and nutritionist to
determine a daily treatment plan or goal for each patient on the
critical care service.
- Discussing daily treatment plans/goals and other pertinent
issues with family members of critically ill patients as a
facilitator of information on behalf of the critical care attending
- First responders to the bedside of any patient on the critical
care service demonstrating an acute change in clinical status.
- Coordinating any treatments, interventions, testing or
procedures that the patient may need.
- Arranging appropriate consultations on behalf of the
- Performing emergent procedures when necessary and planned
procedures determined by the intensivist.
- Throughout the day/evening provide updates to the on-call
intensivist of any progress, acute change(s) or challenges
encountered in a patient's clinical status.
- Consults: The APP role is patient evaluation, and to collect,
analyze and assess clinical information and discuss this
information with the critical care attending. A critical care
acceptance or denial decision will then be made by the critical
care attending and the APP will facilitate and expedite further
care as a representative of the attending.
- Responding to calls and facilitating placement of non-emergent
central lines when deemed appropriate by the critical care
- Counsels patient/family on health care matters
- Documents patient information and care in the medical record,
in a confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical
database for research and quality purposes.
- Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical
medicine and physical diagnosis
- Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological,
socioeconomic, and emotional patient data
- Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in
person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention,
- Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within the
scope of PA practice. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Current New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
- Current National Certification
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support
- Minimum one year work experience in critical care
- New Grads with a fellowship in Critical Care will be considered
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud
member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit
health care organization with the steadfast mission of providing
exceptional acute and preventative medical care to our community.
As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for candidates
who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer
service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be
a part of what is exceptional, every day! AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Great Place to Work -2019
- Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016 (only 7% of hospitals in the US
are currently Magnet designated)
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014 &
- Charles A. Mastronardi Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Designated
as Level III by the New York State DOH
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital -
- Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval - 2019
- Healthgrades-- - Outstanding Patient Experience Award---
- Women's Choice Award-- - America's Best Hospitals for Patient
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
- AHA Designation as a primary stroke center And many more. HOW
TO APPLY Please submit a CV for consideration to Sharon O. Alfonso
Email : [Click Here to Apply] EOE M/F
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , Physician Assistant PA NP- Critical Care job-full time & per diem, 25, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!