Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner PA NP- Urology (Inpatient)
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Location: White Plains, New York, 10601, United StatesJob ID:
50589982Posted: 2019-09-10Position Title: Physician Assistant/
Nurse Practitioner PA NP- Urology (Inpatient)Company Name: White
Plains HospitalSector: Urology - PAEntry Level: NOMin Education:
Master's DegreeMin Experience: 1-2 YearsJOB TITLE : Physician
Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner PA NP- Urology (Inpatient)
JOB TYPE : FULL TIME 7 am -5pm (Including some weekend shifts)
Part Time - 5 shifts every two weeks
Per Diem - 4 shifts a month (weekend shifts or weekdays)
New grads with surgical fellowship will be considered for the full
time opportunity .
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 5
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital,
located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester
NY, is looking for NY licensed Physician Assistant (PA) / Nurse
Practitioner (NP)- Urology due to expansion.
This Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner is responsible for
practicing medicine, including surgical services, and managing all
aspects of in-patient medical care under the appropriate physician
supervision as defined by New York State law. Within
physician-Advanced Practice Practitioner relationship, APPs
exercise autonomy in medical decision making for a broad range of
diagnostic and therapeutic services. May include responsibilities
involved with education, research, and administrative services.
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and
interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses.
Consult with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more
complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of
an APP's Scope of Practice.
- Round on surgical inpatients and facilitate the appropriate
- Consult on surgical patients both on the floor and ER.
- May place and remove surgical drains.
- Consult appropriate specialties as seen fit
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
- Triage patient calls and evaluates patient's problems and
concerns. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR
- Counsels patient/family on health care matters
- Documents patient information and care in the medical record,
in a confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical
database for research and quality purposes.
- Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical
medicine and physical diagnosis
- Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological,
socioeconomic, and emotional patient data
- Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in
person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention,
- Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within the
scope of PA/NP practice.
- Ability to assist in surgical procedures.
- Current New York State Licensed Physician Assistant/ Nurse
- Current National Certification
- Minimum one year urology inpatient experience .
- Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills listed in
the delineation of privileges
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud member of the Montefiore
Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit health care organization
with the steadfast mission of providing exceptional acute and
preventative medical care to our community. As validation of this
exceptional care, WPH was recognized by The Joint Commission as a
Top Performer for Key Quality Measures in 2013. As we grow and
expand our services, we are searching for candidates who value and
exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer service, quality
and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be a part of what is
exceptional, every day!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Great Place to Work -2019
- Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016 (only 7% of hospitals in the US
are currently Magnet designated)
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital -
- Healthgrades - Outstanding Patient Experience Award 2019
- Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Patient
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
- Consumer Choice Award (12-time recipient )
- Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Cancer
- AHA Designation as a primary stroke center
And many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit CV for consideration to email@example.com
EOE M/F PI113639923
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner PA NP- Urology (Inpatient), Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!