Physician Assistant- PA- Vascular Surgery job opportunity with White P
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Position Title: Physician Assistant- PA- Vascular Surgery job
opportunity with White Plains hospital- 25 miles from Manhattan,
NYCompany Name: White Plains HospitalSector: Vascular Surgery -
PAEntry Level: NOMin Experience: 1-2 Years
JOB TITLE: Physician Assistant- PA- Vascular Surgery
JOB TYPE: Full Time /Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital,
located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester
NY, is looking for NY licensed Physician Assistant (PA) - Vascular
Surgery to help support our high-volume Vascular Surgery
The Physician Assistant is responsible for practicing medicine with
physician supervision including conducting examinations and writing
prescriptions. Within physician-physician assistant relationship,
Physician Assistant exercises autonomy in medical decision making a
broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. May include
responsibility for education, research, and administrative
Outpatient duties include seeing patients alongside the attending
and independently as experience dictates. The Physician Assistant
should have excellent clinical judgment, strong communication
skills and be a self-motivated individual. The successful candidate
will help to coordinate and run a busy practice. Clinical input
will be highly valued with increasing levels of autonomy as
* Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and
interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses
including giving injections and suturing wounds. Consults with
physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated
medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA's scope
* Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
* Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to
emergencies including use of CPR.
* Counsels patient/family on preventative health care.
* Documents patient information and care in medical record, in
confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical
database for research purposes.
* Demonstrates knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians
and physician assistants. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology,
pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis.
* Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological,
socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
* Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in
person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention,
* Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within scope
of PA practice.
* Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with physicians
on complicated cases.
* Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and staff in
* Performs all other related duties as assigned.
* Current New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
* Current National Certification
* Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support
* Minimum one year work experience in vascular surgery as a PA
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATES
White Plains Hospital Physician Associates (WPHPA) is a division of
White Plains Hospital, developed with the intent of aligning local
practicing physicians with Hospital services. As a result, our
patients can benefit from greater access to an expanding breadth of
outpatient specialty services. By enabling physicians and the
Hospital to work more closely than ever before, we ensure the best
possible outcome for each individual patient by sharing information
more directly, promoting growth, utilizing resources efficiently
and effectively, and developing quality care to its fullest
potential. It's just one example of the Hospital's mission of
extending its services beyond inpatient and outpatient care to
improve the overall health of our entire community.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
* Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016 (only 7% of hospitals in the US
are currently Magnet designated)
* AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014
* U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital - 2016/2017
* Healthgrades - Outstanding Patient Experience Award 2018
* Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Patient
* Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
* Consumer Choice Award (12-time recipient )
* CEO Cancer Gold Standard
* Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Cancer
And many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV for consideration to Sharon O. Alfonso
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , Physician Assistant- PA- Vascular Surgery job opportunity with White P, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!