Physician Assistant- PA- Surgical Inpatient
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Location: White Plains, New York, 10601, United StatesJob ID: 46530813Posted: 02/01/2019Position Title: Physician Assistant- PA- Surgical InpatientCompany Name: White Plains HospitalPractice Type: Hospital/Health SystemSector: Surgery - PAEntry Level: falseJOB TYPE : Full time 7am-5pm including some weekends
Part Time - 5 shifts every two weeks or Per Diem - weekend shifts or weekdays
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 6
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester NY, is looking for NY licensed Physician Assistant (PA) - Surgical Inpatient due to expansion.
This Physician Assistant is responsible for practicing medicine, including surgical services, and managing all aspects of in-patient medical care under the appropriate physician supervision as defined by New York State law. Within physician-Advanced Practice Practitioner relationship, APPs exercise autonomy in medical decision making for a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. May include responsibilities involved with education, research, and administrative services.
* Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses. Consult with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a APP's Scope of Practice.
* Round on surgical inpatients and facilitate the appropriate care.
* Consult on surgical patients both on the floor and ER.
* May place and remove surgical drains.
* Consult appropriate specialties as seen fit
* Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
* Triage patient calls and evaluates patient's problems and concerns. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR
* Counsels patient/family on health care matters
* Documents patient information and care in the medical record, in a confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical database for research and quality purposes.
* Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis
* Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data
* Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral
* Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of PA practice.
* Ability to assist in surgical procedures.
* Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with physicians
* Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all other disciplines in the medical arena
* Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and staff in a user-friendly manner
* Demonstrates ability to demonstrate hand-eye coordination, full range of motion, and manual dexterity
* Current New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
* Current National Certification
* Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills listed in the delineation of privileges
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit health care organization with the steadfast mission of providing exceptional acute and preventative medical care to our community. As validation of this exceptional care, WPH was recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures in 2013. As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for candidates who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be a part of what is exceptional, every day!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
* Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016 (only 7% of hospitals in the US are currently Magnet designated)
* AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014 &2017
* U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital - 2016/2017
* Healthgrades - Outstanding Patient Experience Award
* Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
* Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
* Consumer Choice Award (12-time recipient )
* CEO Cancer Gold Standard
* Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Cancer Care
And many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE M/F PI107465910
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , Physician Assistant- PA- Surgical Inpatient, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!