Physician Assistant- PA- First Assist
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Location: White Plains, New York, 10601, United StatesJob ID: Posted: 02/01/2019Position Title: Physician Assistant- PA- First AssistCompany Name: White Plains HospitalPractice Type: Hospital/Health SystemSector: Surgery - PAEntry Level: false
JOB TYPE : FULL TIME with varied shifts
NUMBER OF POSITIONS : 1
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester NY, is looking for NY licensed Physician Assistant (PA) - First Assist.
A full time position that will be responsible for assisting surgeon(s) in the operating room. This position will help with OR efficiency, supporting surgeon needs intra-operatively, and actively participating in patient hand off. This position may help with other aspects of care including, but not limited to, rounding, writing orders, discharging patients, and coordinating overall care to a surgical patient.
* First and/or second assist the surgeon in the operating room
* Perform all duties that are reasonable and customary as a first assist and within the Scope of Practice of a Physician Assistant under New York State
* May write post-operative orders
* Facilitate patient Hand Off
* Consult appropriate specialties as seen fit
* Document patient information and care in the medical record, in a confidential manner
* Write, Order and/or E-prescribe medications as appropriate under the Scope of Practice under New York State
* Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses. Consult with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA's Scope of Practice
* Round on surgical inpatients and facilitate the appropriate care.
* Consult on surgical patients both on the floor and ER.
* Counsels patient/family on health care matters
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION
* Current New York State Physician Assistant License
* Current National Certification
* Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills listed in the delineation of privileges
* Must have first-assist experience
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit health care organization with the steadfast mission of providing exceptional acute and preventative medical care to our community. As validation of this exceptional care, WPH was recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures in 2013. As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for candidates who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be a part of what is exceptional, every day!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
* Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016 (only 7% of hospitals in the US are currently Magnet designated)
* AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014 &2017
* U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital - 2016/2017
* Healthgrades - Outstanding Patient Experience Award
* Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
* Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
* Consumer Choice Award (12-time recipient )
* CEO Cancer Gold Standard
* Women's Choice Award - America's Best Hospitals for Cancer Care
And many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit CV for consideration to .
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , Physician Assistant- PA- First Assist, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!