Certified Music Therapist - Lakeland, TN
Company: Youth Villages
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of
research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's
mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled
children and their families find success spans 30+ years and
includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting
the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference,
then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people
with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build
confidence in yourself and our organization.
The Music Therapist (MT-BC) will be responsible for developing and
implementing group music therapy sessions. Using music activities
and interventions maintain youth's physical and emotional
well-being. In doing this they also help youth integrate into their
program and community via group activities. Work collaboratively
with the clinical therapist to co-lead week to meet the cognitive,
emotional, behavioral and physical goals of the youth in the group.
In addition, the music therapist will have the opportunity to
implement additional musical activities within the residential
campus working with program staff to create positive experiences
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Oversees the use of instruments and music equipment and youth
- Promotes music therapy program, including music, dance,
writing, arts and crafts, cultural arts.
- Promotes life skills training through therapeutic activities
using music therapy.
- Adapts music therapy programs to meet needs youth in their
- Promotes and coordinates participation in clubs and
organizations as may be helpful to the development of each
- Works with team in the program and other professionals in the
programs as well as professional personnel such as the youth's
- Ensures that relevant information is conveyed to the treatment
team. Ensures that required notes and documentation are completed
in a timely manner. Maintains recreation/ music equipment and
consults with appropriate staff for replacement of depleted
- Assess youth's needs by considering medical records, personal
observations, and communication with youth.
- Execute a therapeutic program targeted toward therapeutic
- Keep current on collective and therapeutic resources
- Displays a high level of concern for various safety factors
when using equipment.
$50000 - $52000 / year based on education and license
Keywords: Youth Villages, White Plains , Certified Music Therapist - Lakeland, TN, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!