Colon & Rectal Surgeon
Company: Summit Health Medical Group
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMDSummit Health
and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric network,
committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and
bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was
created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the
nation's premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and
CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York
metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a
more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for
every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition,
through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.We are
continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and deliver
exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit Health now
has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80 specialty areas,
13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New York, New Jersey,
Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon. CityMD has over 150
locations across the tri-state. We share a vision of improving the
way health care needs are addressed by offering timely,
high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient
experience. Together, we provide the best possible care to every
patient in every neighborhood.Join our team! Summit Health and
CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the right talent who
will contribute to our ongoing expansion and success. We work to
set clear goals and expectations, while regularly managing
performance and cultivating personal and team capabilities within a
positive, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards
success. We strive to make each team member's experience at our
company inspiring. Explore our open positions and apply to become a
part of the Summit Health and CityMD family.Job DescriptionWe are
actively seeking BC/BE Colorectal Surgeon to join our existing
team. Physician will be responsible for providing complete,
comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides
clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis,
treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care
maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all
providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive,
compassionate health care to all patients.Essential Functions and
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient.
Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish
preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates
immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by
federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and
specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care
and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to
high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical
Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers
to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance
practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners)
at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new
providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all
team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all
licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established
organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical
projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or
D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical
conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and
effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and
compassionate care and service to all patients
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledgeCompensation Range:
$325,000-$500,000The provided compensation range is based on
industry standards and salary determinations will be made based on
numerous factors including but not limited to years of experience,
individual performance, quality measures and location of
position.Total Rewards at Summit Health CityMDOur team members are
essential to our mission to reshape healthcare through the power of
connection. Summit Health highly values the critical role that
health and wellness play in the lives of our team members and their
families. We strive to provide a valuable suite of benefits,
wellness programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support
the wellbeing and personal needs of team members and their families
at various stages of life and in their professional career.
Collectively, we call these "Total Rewards".View full job
Keywords: Summit Health Medical Group, White Plains , Colon & Rectal Surgeon, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!