Registered Nurse Resident -Westchester, NY
Company: VNS Health
Location: Briarcliff Manor
Posted on: November 18, 2023
OverviewProvides support to new Registered Nurses as they begin
their nursing career. Provides nursing care to meet the needs of
the patient/client and manages/coordinates the delivery of cost
effective multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of
patients/clients consistent with VNS Health philosophy, policy,
goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing Practice. Attends
seminars on applied learning topics, reflects on clinical
experiences in supportive group setting, and shares insights with
peers. Works under direct supervision.Responsibilities
- Participates in classroom learning activities which include
topics such as critical thinking, evidence-based best practice
assessments, care planning, and evaluation of care.
- Shadows RNs to get field experience. Reviews experiences in
- Assesses the physical, social and psychological needs and
environmental conditions of the patient/client through professional
knowledge, skills of observation, interviewing, and physical
examination to develop a plan of care.
- Understands, interprets, and implements reimbursement
protocols; determines the billing source for patient/client care.
Consults with management on complex/unique reimbursement
- Documents content and process of all services provided in
accordance with government regulations/requirements, and VNS Health
policies, practices, and procedures. Initiates and maintains
written (including clinical and progress notes) and verbal
communications with team members and management to assure optimal
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNS Health policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient/client care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and other
supplies using VNS Health designated/supplied carrying case
weighing approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient/client
- Travels to patient/clients' homes and/or other facilities with
varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care
facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.)
using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Follows work procedures in relation to established
- Maintains productivity sufficient to meet VNS Health
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth through
attendance at in-services, training, continued formal education and
select journal readership.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
assigned.QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a registered
professional nurse in New York State required
- Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be
required as determined by operational/regional needs.Education:
- Degree in Nursing from an approved program requiredWork
- Recently received RN license.
- No prior work experience in nursing requiredStart Date:
- Spring 2024 Cohort - Beginning on April 8th, 2024
Keywords: VNS Health, White Plains , Registered Nurse Resident -Westchester, NY, Healthcare , Briarcliff Manor, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!